Topic: DOES IT STILL EXISTS?

Does it still exists, putting a group of songwriters together, and writing from 9-5, the time they check out, and giving the results to the CEO. A so called "TOP HIT MACHINES".
For the record, I don't think this is a bad idea because, putting 20 song writers together:
- Some write lyrics.
- Some write tunes
- They can compare and changing ideas, improving songs together
BUT
- I am afraid it won't last long, before they start to be jealous, and it becomes a competion.
- Some others start singing and performing an own written song, useless for some artists.
Imagine CELINE DION singing heavy metal.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: DOES IT STILL EXISTS?

a musical think tank? i think it is in place today judging from all the cookie cutter songs being released there is a formula or reciepie most all, if not all record companies follow and that is to keep the songs it releases to the public the same as the previous with differn't words and a variation in the progression ever so slight so the song can be marketed as "new"

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I agree Russ. I hope it exists. Otherwise how could you explain the crap on the Billboard charts. Please don't tell me they were trying to write those songs. I just assumed they were being forced to do it without instruments from cubicles

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Yah, The Yardbirds worked out pretty well with people like jimmy page and eric Clapton, so it might be a good Idea. Kinda reminds me about chordie.
cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

Check out the Brill Building... one of the first of these... although they used good songwriters such as Carole King, etc.

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

forgive me for using the age thing here - but i can remember THE MONKEES  pretending to play and people in the background doing the work - is that when it started ? That would have been 40 years ago so its not to new. It was headline news at the time that a band would be driven by outside factors .

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.