wats the stupidist thing u'v ever done?

you can love me
you can hate me
but NEVER forget me

Re: stupid

I bought some Ocean Front Property

responded to this post smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hard to decide. My life has been a long chain of pulling stupid crap.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

Well, one time at band camp, I stuck a flute.........

Give everything but up.

There ain't enough space on the intertubes...

My biography is going to be titled "Hey, Watch This...   Things Seen While Holding Jerome's Beer."

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

SouthPaw41L wrote:

Well, one time at band camp, I stuck a flute.........

lol pmsl

superb

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

once i went into a guitar shop asking to play this fancy Ibanez guitar...
it had a whammy bar that you could lift up as well as push down, and then i remembered something that i saw Herman Li do.

i played all the open strings and lifted the guitar up by the whammy bar, and shook it around a little...

*SNAP*

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

Hi ,
   I've done a lot of stupid things , but I'll just recount
two of them here...........
   First of all.........
NEVER , NEVER , NEVER ,
get drunk , fasten a lawn chair to a pair of water skis ,
tie on the tow rope , and go skiing with a beer in one hand and a cooler in the other...........
    The second was just last summer . My bro and I were scuba diving our favorite lake
and we found a large old anchor . Well I decided I had to have it , and well , have you ever tried to surface carrying an anchor ? So I popped a portable buoy on it
so we could come back for it .
   The next week we came back with a lift bag , everything went smoothly ,
we found it , strapped on the lift bag and started filling it from my octopus . I could'nt have had more than a few cubic foot of air in it before this thing lunged off the bottom . first it almost dragged me with it , then after I got control of the situation , and started to ascend under it , the thing must have broke surface , and somehow lost the air in the bag . Well I was only about eight foot off the bottom on my way up when this anchor came past me free falling . You can imagine how it was moving , we were in about forty foot of water .
Let's just say I'll be a lot more carefull next time.......
( It was still fun though ).....

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

G S E wrote:

NEVER , NEVER , NEVER ,
get drunk , fasten a lawn chair to a pair of water skis ,
tie on the tow rope , and go skiing with a beer in one hand and a cooler in the other...........

i don't plan to, but thanks anyway lol
was it fun?

cool
okay??

Five things I have learned...

1.  When using a grinder on a charged ammonia coolant system, ensure that the hole you grind is facing away from you, as the 9 foot high green ammonia flame that shoots out of it may cause burns.

1.5  It takes about 20 minutes for a huge cloud of ammonia gas to dissipate.

2.  Never scuba dive off of a sail boat in high winds.

3.  If you wake up with a broken leg and the dog has a shaved eyebrow, only the dog will truly know what happened.

4.  Tossing high charge capacitors at your friends is only funny until they toss one back at you.

5.  Snowmobile skis are not capable of supporting the sled if you drive it down a cliff.

jerome.oneil wrote:

why not? sad

cool
okay??

(0)==#paranormal guitar wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

why not? sad

Several reasons.

1.  Sailboats have very high gunwales, making them very difficult to re-board from the water, even in calm seas.

2.  As a result of 1, the way you reboard is remove your kit in the water, tie it off, and climb up the little aluminum ladders, then haul your gear on board.

3.  High winds == high seas.  This means that the sail boat will be rising and falling with those high seas.  So one moment, that ladder will be four feet over your head, and the next it will be slamming down so you can step onto it, and ride it up high like a rodeo horse, assuming you don't get crushed by it first.

4. Because your gear is tied off, you now have to fight the high seas and winds to get it back on board.

5. If you don't do a good job tying it off, you might find your brand new scuba rig floating down wind.

Sail boats make crappy dive boats in general.  It crappy conditions, they can be downright dangerous to dive from.

Paranormal ,
   It was a blast untill I crossed the boat's wake , that's when the whole rig took a nose dive and went down . Before I knew what was going on , I was stuck in the chair by water pressure ,
and I could feel the skis skidding on the bottom in about twelve foot of water .
About that time the rope finally broke , if it had'nt , I
doubt I would be here now .
   Jerome ,
I know where you're coming from with the sailboat . Our diveboat is a open trihull with relatively shallow freeboard ,
and I have a nice long fold up boarding ladder mounted on the stern , so it's easy to board even with our rigs on .
Having said that though , we have been out on days that were so rough , that we were
real carefull about not getting too close to the boat  anywhere but the stern .......

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Beat up and off duty sheriff over a girl, maybe not so stupid until I started paying for it over and over.

Now I am older and wiser,still a Lover but not a fighter!!!!

Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

Probably going to a high school dance ... leaning against a wall and noticing two chicks checking me out ... thinking to myself yeah I look damn good only for one to come up to me and say, "Ummm your zipper is wide open"

Yeah ... mortified is an understatement

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

ok,
I am thnking the stupidist thing i have ever done ( or one of the many, too many to remember) was when i had  a motorbike when i was 16 or 17. I had an old oil can ( a castrol gtx) I had used it to fill it wit hpetrol but once emptied I thought it would be a good idea to light it, so I did.
It never blew up into flame like I thought. I only lit a small flame on the nozzle, the kind you get when you light a meths burner or a parafin heater, that sort of flame flickering around the top of the can.
I was so disapointed in the flame I thought I would blow it out with a puff of breath from my lungs......

Well, it never blew out as the flame survived on the fumes within so I lay the 5ltr container on its side and jumped upon it while looking down WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHH
a big flame seemed to appear from the nozzle and engulf me in this big yellow light.
I emreged from the light wit ha black face, no eye lashes, hardly any eye brows and very singed long hair.

Yep, that might be one of the stupidist things I have done.
apart from this one time at............ lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

18 (edited by gnomefry 2008-04-16 22:23:11)

I snorted listerine this morning in Homeroom. It hurt. There are too many to think of. It was a dare. Also I have fell down stairs on purpose and done the lay in the street with friend thing.

tongue:P:P:P:P

19 (edited by Old Doll 2008-04-16 22:19:29)

The most stupid thing i ever done in my lifetime.

Was to believe everyone i met were genuine people. That all friends were loyal.

and nearly drowning 3 times through my own stupidity.   I simply Panicked when i should have kept my head

above the water at least. lol  .

Old Doll.

Ps Tim0473, no need to panic, nothing ever falls from an empty nest. lol

Well thats the news for now.. No offence  meant, just jesting with ya.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Upyerkilt ,
   After reading your story about the oil can , I have to tell this story of my bro. in law.
   One fall day he was raking leaves and decided he would rake them into this ditch he had going across his property
and burn them . This ditch is about eight foot across and about five foot deep . Well
he got them all raked in and got a two gallon gasoline can
and poured gas all over this huge pile of leaves . My sister
was watching from the window as he set about trying to lite this cocktail . After striking many matches ,
and throwing them in , it just would'nt lite , so he went and got more gas , poured it on .
( The temp was about eighty five degrees that day ) .
  Then he started with the matches again . After twenty min. of messing around the vapor was mixed in pretty good .
   Well it finally went , WOOOMP . Knocked him on his rear . My sister just saw the fireball and his baseball cap go flying . When he picked himself up , his face was black , no eyebrows to speak of and his cap was about twenty feet away with the visor burnt . He always says the worst part was that when it was all done , the smouldering leaves were all over the yard again ...........

Old Doll wrote:

The most stupid thing i ever done in my lifetime.

Was to believe everyone i met were genuine people. That all friends were loyal.

and nearly drowning 3 times through my own stupidity.   I simply Panicked when i should have kept my head

above the water at least. lol  .

Old Doll.

Ps Tim0473, no need to panic, nothing ever falls from an empty nest. lol

Well thats the news for now.. No offence  meant, just jesting with ya.

lol thanks doll!  I could go on about the time I was little and got myself stuck in a wicker hamper (laundry basket) and poked my finger through the hole, which quickly became stuck, only for the baby sitter to keep yanking on my finger till it swelled, and a frantic call by the neighbor to my mother who was playing bingo to come home because something happened to her son ... taking her son, who mind you was taking a bath at the time when he decided to climb into this hamper, naked and wet with his finger poking through the hamper to the emergency room while still in the hamper and the doctors laughing hysterically

Thank God I am still to young to remember all of this although I remember my finger through the hole in the hamper

22 (edited by crowellb 2008-04-18 00:42:03)

I led trail rides out in the Black Hills for two summers while I was in college. I was a hotshot and I would always do the things I told the other riders not to do and often ended up on my ass. One time we got caught in a hail storm and I loped my horse to the corral gait so I could get the riders out of the hail and attempted to do a running dismount and my boot slipped in the mud and...you guessed it, on my ass. I remember looking up at my horse who was looking back at me to say, "What are you doing down there!"

The worst time was when we were crossing a decent sized stream. I stopped, turned around, and said, "Now remember, don't look at the water as you cross the stream or you'll fall off." I guess I wanted to prove my point cuz as I was steering my horse around a rock in the stream I stared at the water a little too long and...you guessed, on my ass again! Let me tell you, riding two miles in wet jeans is not a pleasant experience...especially when people are laughing at you (at you, NOT with you).

I'm a victim of alcohol induced stupity on a regular basis too, but there are way too many stories to tell...

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Well today I meet a young gentleman at the local music store. I talked to him for awhile and he seemed like a real stand up kid. I then went and spoke to the owner (a friend of mine) and during the conversation the subject of the young man came up. Seems he's been taking lessons for about a year and has always rented a guitar due to a poor situation at home. So in a moment that I thought was kindness (but now I feel a little stupid) I went home and got one of my less expensive guitars (A '95 S&P Pro curly maple) and went back to the music store. Yep, I pulled the kid to the side after his lesson and handed him the guitar!!! Yep just gave it to him. Man I miss my baby all ready...lol On the other hand it feels good to help out a kid with a dream to play but not the funds.... He promises to take the utmost care of it and return it to me as soon as he can save up to buy his own.... Maybe....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Wow pix that was awesome of you ... I pat you on the back for that ... that's VERY commendable

Guitarpix wrote:

Well today I meet a young gentleman at the local music store. I talked to him for awhile and he seemed like a real stand up kid. I then went and spoke to the owner (a friend of mine) and during the conversation the subject of the young man came up. Seems he's been taking lessons for about a year and has always rented a guitar due to a poor situation at home. So in a moment that I thought was kindness (but now I feel a little stupid) I went home and got one of my less expensive guitars (A '95 S&P Pro curly maple) and went back to the music store. Yep, I pulled the kid to the side after his lesson and handed him the guitar!!! Yep just gave it to him. Man I miss my baby all ready...lol On the other hand it feels good to help out a kid with a dream to play but not the funds.... He promises to take the utmost care of it and return it to me as soon as he can save up to buy his own.... Maybe....

Beautiful act Guitarpix, nicest thing ive heard in a long time...Ps, you wouldn't happen to have an old les paul lying about you might like to donate to a poor guy like me would ya? lol.