Topic: WHO IS ZAKK WYLDE

I think that he must be VERY IMPORTANT and HUGE in the USA, but I know a lot and I heard the name ONLY because of 3 guitars.
- Gibson Custom Shop Limited Run Zakk Wylde Bullseye Aged Les Paul Electric Guitar $7,999.99
- Gibson Custom Shop Zakk Wylde Signature Les Paul Electric Guitar - Bull's Eye $4,399.00
- Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom Electric Guitar Bulls-Eye $799.99 (which is quit expensive for an Epiphone).
If you see the customers ratings,
- The Gibson LP Limited version has 3 stars on 76 ratings which is very poor. Probably the buyers expected a lot more than the regular ZAKK WYLDE Gibson and are disappointed, so much money.
- The Gibson LP has 336 ratings and 4 1/2 stars
- The Epiphone LP 593 User Ratings, and 4 1/2  stars, a very high rate
As seen both Gibsons have EMG pick-ups an EMG 81 and an EMG 85
The Epiphone has EMG-HZ4 pick-ups.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE EPIPHONE PICK-UPS and THE GIBSON PICK-UPS.

Probably there are a lot of Epiphones where the player removes the HZ4, by an 81 + 85 pick-up.
What can you tell me about this guy and the guitars?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: WHO IS ZAKK WYLDE

Phil,

Zakk Wylde is Ossy Osbourne's guitar player and also the guitar player for Black lable society.

Bootlegger.

Doc

This will probably help out more than any of us can explain; I think he's an excellent guitarist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakk_Wylde

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Zach is an AMAZING guitarest...plays for OZZY... but will neva fill the boots of RANDY ROADES...Zacch will just neva live up yo Rhandy...=(

if you can learn bass in 15 minutes
then why do i play the guitar???
tongue

bedem wrote:

Zach is an AMAZING guitarest...plays for OZZY... but will neva fill the boots of RANDY ROADES...Zacch will just neva live up yo Rhandy...=(

Truer words have not been spoken, there was only one Randy Rhoads.

Bootlegger.

6 (edited by jerome.oneil 2008-04-29 05:07:03)

Ozzy Osbourn has produced some phenomenal talent. 

* Tony Iommi (1968-1978, 1978-1979, 1997-1999, 2001-present)
    * Randy Rhoads (1979-1982)
    * Bernie Torme (1982)
    * Brad Gillis (1982)
    * Jake E. Lee (1982-1987)
    * Zakk Wylde (1987-1992, 1998, 2002-2004, 2006-present)
    * Steve Vai (1994-1995)
    * Alex Skolnick (1995)
    * Joe Holmes (1995-2001)
    * Jerry Cantrell (2004-2006)

There isn't a name on that list that does not absolutely shred.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I agree Zakk couldn't replace Randy but keep in mind they play totally different styles ... I love Zakk's "raw power in your face" playing

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Tim0473 wrote:

I agree Zakk couldn't replace Randy but keep in mind they play totally different styles ... I love Zakk's "raw power in your face" playing

yes you r right...you cannot really compare them they are both amazing...Zakk is probably a lot faster but its the who idea of rhandya dn ozzy tht is amazing...lets all hope that Zakk doesnt end up the way that rhandy did... and lets hope none of him  mates almost shoot him aswell...

if you can learn bass in 15 minutes
then why do i play the guitar???
tongue

Zakk Wylde is the Vocallist and Guitarist for Black Label Society. He used to play for Ozzy and then he left for black label, he toured with Ozzy during OzzFest 2008. he plays great and his music rocks if you have any questions ask.

here are a few songs you should try.

fire it up.
concrete jungle.
dirt  on the grave.