Topic: INTRO'S: THE MOST RECOGNIZABLE RIFFS + RIFF versus BAND

We all have that feeling, from the very FIRST STRUM, you know immediately the song and who performs it.
I really mean, LESS THAN 5 SECONDS.
A second item is: FROM THE MOMENT A SONG STARTS PLAYING, YOU KNOW WITHOUT THINKING, WHICH BAND IT IS.
My top list is simple andd short:
- THE ROLLING STONES = THE RIFF masters, that's why I call KEITH, Keith Riffards.
From the very first moment, you recognize the master himself = his unbelievable FENDER TELECASTER sound, fat sound, I believe that The Stones have the most recognizable sound on earth, no way to confuse that sound with another band.
That's also the most important fact why Keith Richards is in my TOP 5 list of the greatest guitar players.
So many great riffs: JUMPING JACK FLASH, BROWN SUGAR, HONKEY TONK WOMAN. Satisfaction to, but this one doesn't start with a riff.

Come on guys, share your "RIFFS"+"THE ARTISTS".

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: INTRO'S: THE MOST RECOGNIZABLE RIFFS + RIFF versus BAND

Is it riffs, style or tone? I always associate certain bands with the guitar tone. and guitaist style AC/DC and Van Halen come to mind. And as you mentioned the Stones, that fat sound. Some others who have unique and quickly recognized tone:
Mark Knopler
Albert Collins
BB King
Stevie Ray

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

First thing that popped into my head as well Geo ... off the top of my head

AC/DC
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Van Halen

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

For recognizable riffs, I have to go with Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin.

I recognize Led Zeppelin Alice in chains and The Who songs. How could you not recognize them. They rock my socks.

Lets go melt some faces!!!!

I can't believe that no one mentioned Smoke on the Water and Deep Purple.  Clapton's Layla riff is also an eay one to remember.  I'd think that Sweet Child 'O Mine is easily recognized, as well as Sweet Home Alabama.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

i would have to guess stairway to heaven, led zep or johnny be good chuck berry

"Growing old is not for sissies"

rockerchick wrote:

I recognize Led Zeppelin Alice in chains and The Who songs. How could you not recognize them. They rock my socks.

AIC ... great recognition rocker ... Love Em!

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75