Topic: BIG HIT WRITERS, WRITTEN BY FORGOTTEN PEOPLE

How many songs are on the radio, and this is real frustrating, you haven't a clue about who the writer or performer is.
Since a lot of radiostations play only music, and the commercials every 10 minutes, a lot of them don't announce the artist, or they tell the list of artists before or after.
There is one thing that makes me really nervous, hearing a very familiar tune and NOT KNOWING THE PERFORMER(S)
- Do you have the same problem?
- Are there still "writers put together" writing as an entity?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: BIG HIT WRITERS, WRITTEN BY FORGOTTEN PEOPLE

HI phil,I hear alot of these tunes everyday,I am fifty nine so I do rember most of the artist and writers names. I live in california near san francisco. That helps alot.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

It is amazing how many one hit wonders there were out there, especially in the 60's. When I am on a long drive I listen to the Sattelite radio and try to guess the artist and it is amazing how many I do not know but I can sing every word of the song.

there are all kinds of them out there and i am sure there are few people out there that can get the names of the performers of those one hit wonder songs.

gitaardocphil wrote:

How many songs are on the radio, and this is real frustrating, you haven't a clue about who the writer or performer is.
Since a lot of radiostations play only music, and the commercials every 10 minutes, a lot of them don't announce the artist, or they tell the list of artists before or after.
There is one thing that makes me really nervous, hearing a very familiar tune and NOT KNOWING THE PERFORMER(S)
- Do you have the same problem?
- Are there still "writers put together" writing as an entity?

Lieven,
I know that virgin radio and Rock radio 96 in scotland has a playlist on their website.
So if you hear a song and you never caught on to who the band was the nye can look up the website. I think with virgin radio you can even type in the time you heard the song and it will tell you who it was. I have done this a few times.

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I think that the band "Golden Earing" was a one hit wonder, because really their only big hit was "radar love", and after that they wern't heard from much.

cool Danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

I don't know for sure about the GOLDEN EARRING.
If that band should be an American band, it would be one of the greatest.
I don't know if there was a lot of money left for these guys, because a tour was exhausting and expensive.
- THE LADY SMILES
- TWILIGHT ZONE

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]