Topic: A USEFUL MESSAGE

I have an old Gibson LP custom original 1968.
The serialnumber is referring to 1967.
I mailed Gibson, and the answer was that they started to re-make that LP Custom line end 1967, but on the market in 1968.
This story is useful because if you have an old guitar, and some parts are changed, like an EMG on an expensive Gibson, which you want to sell.
Even a very old and perfect sounding guitar with other tuners, other knobs, in fact any part can be realised. There is a guy called "THE PARTSDRAWER""who has thousands of guitar parts, he expected a 300.000$ shipment.
So if you need a new part, that's the guy.
It's just INFORMATION, and it can be really hard to have a valuable guitar with replaced parts.
30-40 years ago guitar players wanted better stuff, and who could look in the future?
I searched for weeks, even months to find back my original 1968 humbuckers, and my daughter found them recently: a patent nr 2,737,842 (isn't that a PAF?) but the second is a DiMarzio, not in production before 1969-1970.
I hope this info can be useful for some of us. I looked so long on the most impossible site, until I found that guy.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: A USEFUL MESSAGE

Keepen it real...3CF

Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
Henry Van Dyke

gitaardocphil wrote:

I have an old Gibson LP custom original 1968.
The serialnumber is referring to 1967.
I mailed Gibson, and the answer was that they started to re-make that LP Custom line end 1967, but on the market in 1968.
This story is useful because if you have an old guitar, and some parts are changed, like an EMG on an expensive Gibson, which you want to sell.
Even a very old and perfect sounding guitar with other tuners, other knobs, in fact any part can be realised. There is a guy called "the parts drawer"who has thousands of guitar parts, he expected a 300.000$ shipment.
So if you need a new part, that's the guy.
It's just INFORMATION, and it can be really hard to have a valuable guitar with replaced parts.
30-40 years ago guitar players wanted better stuff, and who could look in the future?
I searched for weeks, even months to find back my original 1968 humbuckers, and my daughter found them recently: a patent nr 2,737,842 (isn't that a PAF?) but the second is a DiMarzio, not in production before 1969-1970.
I hope this info can be useful for some of us. I looked so long on the most impossible site, until I found that guy.

Phil,

PAF stands for "patent applied for" back when Mr. Seth Lover designed the now famous humbuckers. Just a little history on "PAF's".

Bootlegger.

so I was told, and confirmed on a kind of stupid thing. Who googles a number? But I had 1000 hits, telling that it is a PAF.

- WHAT IS A t pick-up or humbucker?.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

That custom, having recovered all original pick ups which are PAF.
I was "desperado" BUT my daughter's lover boy found them. 3
On that custom is a serial number proving a construction probably made in 1967 but officially they brought it on the market in 1968.
I replaced the originals in 2003, by 2 P-90's, in fact P-94 to match with the cavity.
I have a Fender Strat 1964 ALL ORIGINAL, and everyday I ask myself do I need these 2? Selling my FENDER 1964 and that original Gibson, I am able to buy 5 expensive guitars, and still have half of the money. I believe that once you start doing this, you will earn a lot
IF ON THE RIGHT TIME THE RIGHT PLACE AND THE RIGHT PRICE = I HAVE TIME.
When I worked MONEY was my favorite Pink Floyd song.
NOW my favorite Pink Floyd song is time.