Topic: Another Addition !! What am I doing!!!!

Ok I've been gassing for a koa for awhile....Well not 2 minutes ago I went ahead and bit the bullet on a Morgan Monroe Imperial Koa .  I just had to tell someone and the wife wasn't an option as this one is under wraps due to a possible divorce upon discovery...lol Here's a link to what I just picked up http://www.morganmonroe.com/MKOA_b8c91d … d971e.html I'll post pics and a full review upon arrival. Peace! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Another Addition !! What am I doing!!!!

Congrats Pix - All I can say is it seems you have more gits than you have sense big_smile big_smile

Actually, I know you and I am sure you have invested wisely. And since you recently just gave away a guitar, you needed to replace it. I'll make you an offer - If you ever need to hide a purchase from your wife, you have my address and can always have new gear sent to me. I promise to take good care of it!

Looking forward to the review (and I'd love to hear a clip of that Taylor you've got too)!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

Congrats Pix - All I can say is it seems you have more gits than you have sense big_smile big_smile

Actually, I know you and I am sure you have invested wisely. And since you recently just gave away a guitar, you needed to replace it. I'll make you an offer - If you ever need to hide a purchase from your wife, you have my address and can always have new gear sent to me. I promise to take good care of it!

Looking forward to the review (and I'd love to hear a clip of that Taylor you've got too)!

Hey Tops I may have to take you up on that storage offer! I just checked my ebay account and unless something changes in the next few minutes I may have purchased another!! An Alvarez PF2005 solid mahogany that I bid on a few days ago and didn't think I'd ever win at that price....Now it looks like I may have it also...We'll see shortly...38 minutes left! 

I've been working on a few tracks with vocals...I'll send you a cover of Jacks new song "Go On" and a cover of "Heading Home" by Donovan Frankenrieter  tomorrow on the Taylor for your scrutiny. Just remember they're in early works...lol

When you going to head down this way? Beers on me and I'll even throw ya a steak on the grill! Peace! Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Hey Pix ,
   You gotta tell me your secret , how on earth do you manage to keep your wife in the dark when you add an instrument ?
   My wife is completely illiterate when it comes to guitars and fiddles , but she knows right away if there's something different in my stable . With eight guitars and eight fiddles , you'd think a new addition would just blend in . But noooo......
   For instance......I always keep two Dunlop capos in my gig case . I also had a new one still in the package right ?
Well one night I was playing and I had opened the new one earlier that day and I grabbed it and put it on .......
Right away she goes , is that a new capo.........???!!!???
   How on earth does she know ???? These things are the same color except maybe the new one looked new ..

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

5 (edited by Guitarpix 2008-04-28 20:46:45)

Well my friend, You marry them young and blonde...lol

No, I pick about hiding them from my wife but really she's very supportive. I'll pull an extra side job or work a few extra afternoons to cushion it and she really doesn't mind.  Also a pair of shoes or 3 doesn't hurt in keeping her placid...lol Actually have to keep her out of the room when I'm bidding on a guitar on Ebay... She can't stand to lose and eggs me on to bid more and win it...lol Peace! -Pix

Hey Pix ,
   My wife doesn't really mind either , it's just kind of a joke between us . Also , she knows as well as I do that my vintage instrument investments have done better
over the last ten years than our retirement investments .
L O L .........Go figure..........

Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Hey Topdown!

have you more space for shoes/ handbags and paintings.  lol

No! Oh allright then, i guess they dont have the same appeal.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Old Doll wrote:

Hey Topdown!

have you more space for shoes/ handbags and paintings.  lol

No! Oh allright then, i guess they dont have the same appeal.

Old Doll.

Doll, I have no doubt that my wife would be more than happy to store those goods. She has a closet full of shoes, more boxes than I can count, yet every time we travel to the mountains, she has to go shoe shopping at the outlet stores.

I don't get it, I have 3 pairs and they last forever: brown, black and sneakers, what else do ya' need? (ok now that I think about it I have a few pair of boots also, and I do love my watches) big_smile

Guitarpix wrote:

When you going to head down this way? Beers on me and I'll even throw ya a steak on the grill! Peace! Pix

That sounds real good Pix - I just gotta pick out a weekend and make it happen. My youngest is in baseball, ties up pretty much every Saturday through June, that and traveling with work now (doing a job in West Virginia), I am just not motivated to get in the car on the weekends.

We usually do a beach trip in June - A diversion to your place may be in order!