Topic: a good one:WHY NOT A LITTLE CONTEST: BE CREATIVE

Imagine you have a band, and you want to give your band a name, be creative my friends and try to give A FANTASTIC, but HILARIOUS NAME.
- THE SEX PILOTS
- DOCPHIL AND THE BLACK DOT NAKED NURSE BAND.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: a good one:WHY NOT A LITTLE CONTEST: BE CREATIVE

Sorry Doc ,
   Don't look to me for ideas .
I had to come on here a week or so ago and get help to name our little band . Thanks to badeye and the rest of my pals , it didn't take long .
   For some reason I can trot out a new original song at the drop of a hat , but couldn't come up with a name . L O L .

Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

"Nine Inches of Pink Jesus"

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Many more because every time there is a concert on you would get advertisement like
Arctic monkeys,Paddy casey,the libertines and many more
tongue

i was joking with my brother the other day because he didn't like the idea of naming our family band 'the humbles', apparently that didn't give HIM enough credit. I suggested 'Isaac and the insignificant other people'...

All You Need is Love smile

At our kitchen jams we call ourselves "The Crash Helmut Jug
Band"  One member got drunk,fell of the chair,bumped his
head. We put a hockey helmut on him and kept playing.
Hence the name. Nothin but fun.

..Badeye cool

one caper after another

jerome.oneil wrote:

I really like that one jerome. It made me laugh out loud!!!!

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

8 (edited by arkady 2008-04-26 13:38:48)

The 601 posts big_smile

Ark

arkady wrote:

The 600 posts big_smile

Ark

Nice one Ark, "one long fence".

Badeye... cool

one caper after another

The praise band I used to be in we called The Joyful Noisemakers. 

A better description of who I mostly play with now would be Smelly Drunk Men Around a Campfire.  Some other names we could go by:
- Instant Hops Shortage
- Never Shave
- Friends of Elijah Craig
- Prop Up the Mandolin Player
- RiverRats

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

There was actually a group of 3 guys in this area a few years back called...Us Two and Him

geoaguiar wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

I really like that one jerome. It made me laugh out loud!!!!

Me too - that was great.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

BIG JOHN AND THE TWINS lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

G S E I don't know what you mean by writing this?
This is a "silly" topic, where we try to give a name to a non existing band AND/OR to see how many crazy names some bands have.
- GOO GOO DOLLS isn't that a silly name?
or
- Donald and the DUCKS.

I adore playing with words. My "mistake, or mental disturbed idea. I am a mental case, that's for sure, but give me an alternative: all people aware of my condition, consider this PLEASE as a reaction on my "serious" lesions.
It isn't funny at all to come from a job, a passion working 80 hours a week, ALL GONE IN A SPLIT SECOND. All my dreams, my desires, my self esteem, self respect, self assured GONE, and sitting here with thousand questions, like why or what am I still doing here? Worst is "pretending to be an iron man", and paying the price for my "pretending". It is a lot worse than you know, they came to me for a wheelchair, do you know what this causes? I can't stand longer than 1 minute. My "oesophagus", pre-cancer, all great news, and a daily confrontation. Agree, there are worse problems, and my biggest mistake is as told PRETENDING that I have NO problem, and it really hurts and it's terrifying to see my evolution, or DEVOLUTION, or to hear that other people don't fight, I'm anxious, I'm scared, I can't go shopping alone, and I'm glad to have chordie, all these great people, giving me courage, support, WHY didn't I die, having no life.
SORRY I'm feeling really bad recurring high fever, and being completely useless.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

this is a funny clever name although it has already been used. It was a band that Dave Grohl used to play in as a teenager.

Dain Bramage

lol.

[url=http://www.myspace.com/rdxfunk]www.myspace.com/rdxfunk[/url]