Topic: Jimmi! :cool:

any jimmi hendrix fans out there. if so what is your fav. song by him. also i am tring to learn little wing by him and usually i dont have to much trouble trying to learn a new song but for me this one is pretty hard, any tips.

Re: Jimmi! :cool:

hi. My favorite song by him is Voodoo Child and red house. What part are you stuck on?

tongue:P:P:P:P

The Wind Cries Mary is my favorite Jimi song to play. 

Try breaking the parts you have trouble with down in to smaller bits, practice those bits untill you are comfortable, then put them back together.

little wing - great rhythm track

That's alright, I got my guitar
-Jimi Hendrix

hey gnomefry thxs for replying (and the rest of you guys that posted) hte part i am stuck n is the intro fom the time the song stars to the part were jimmi starts singing any advise

little wing has some great parts, starting with the double octave at the 12th fret. 
Jimi had big strong hands and used barres sparingly on this track. He would hook his thumb over the top of the neck and fret the 6th string root note to play the G, AM, Bb, and Bm. This left his pinky free to embellish throughout the backing track.

what phrase/chord in the intro is giving you trouble?

-Jimi Hendrix

idont really have trouble on just one part its just the whole intro if i can learnthat then i can play must of the song

Little Wing is one of the toughest and challenging tracks I try to play.  And imho, the most elegant R&B/Rock rhythm track I've ever heard.

this tab looks pretty close to what I try to play.
http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.b … nt=2345810

It starts with a double octave at the 12th fret and slides down.  In order to cover the record, you need to hook your thumb over the top of the G and Am in order to leave you pinky free to play the embellishments. I find them very hard to do from a regular barre.

Add a little phase shifter or flanger to a clean sound.

-Jimi Hendrix