Topic: CHORDIE IS NOT WORKING!

It's 12:40 EST
CHORDIE IS NOT WORKING.
No matter whether I try to go to artists, songs, alphabetical lists, or type in a search...
the page flashes up for a second...then goes to blank...white...nada !

WHAT'S WRONG?

tonyrhythm

Re: CHORDIE IS NOT WORKING!

Hummmm...I'm haveing the same problem too.....

Peace Love & Rock'n Roll

Did you add Chordie to your pop up blocker list? You might have a pop up blocker on....just close out your browser and bring up a new browser then type in the web address and go to your pop up blocker (normaly in tools) and type in the chordie web address there and click on add or allow. Try that, if no luck  check with your ISP and see if there is a issue with the site. peace 3CF

Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
Henry Van Dyke

Very strange. Ive gotten a couple of these complaints. A few changes lately in javascript stuff. Might have messed things up. Please retry now.

Still happening here, can reach the forum only if i type the address in.

No problems that I can find (using Firefox).

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

IE7 here.

8 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-05-06 00:39:36)

I was having  the same problem i used the same link i always have its favored so it should have worked I was able to get around it by typing "chordie" in the google address bar and clicking on "forum" and i logged in the back door so to speak so I favorited that and untill the other is sorted out i can still get to chordie

this is the address that still is not displaying      http://www.chordie.com/index.php

"Growing old is not for sissies"

i dont know if its just me but there are all kinds of blank pages when I just tried to access the chordie forum the old link worked this time but when I clicked "forum"all I got was a white screen im sure it will be corrected so im not going to worry about it just thought I would let you know

Microsoft is the evil empire - download FireFox, it's safer, better, has built in spell check, and you there are all kinds of neat add on-ons, custom screens and ad blockers - but don't use them on chordie - the ad's pay for the service wink

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Strangely enough I have clicked on Russ's link to get here and I am having no problems at all and I use IE7.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

It's working now. smile

yes its working for me to,topdown what is "fire fox" I saw a movie with Clint Eastwood and it was a new russian mach 6 stealth jet is this a free program or do they require some Rubles? smile

I use I.E 7 and I have not experienced any trouble at all, now or ever! well ok, had one or two troubles months ago.

I had firefox but it decided one day not to work properly so i uninstalled it all. I keep meaning to reinstal it.
Firefox is like I.E. ( internet explorer) but slightly different. It is nicer to look at I tihnk and people say there is less chance of pop ups etc.
You can have firefox and I.E on your computer. If in doubt but you think you want t otry it, then download it, but do not get rid of your I.E. try it out for a few weeks. It will seem different because of the layout i.e. the favourites and tools etc are slightlydifferent.
I tihnk that was the only difference I remember seeing before.

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Russ Firefox is free..
There's a link to it on the front page of Chordie but if you got no probs with the I.E.7 browserI wouldn't bother.
Ark

Ark I think i'll take your advise on this the only problem I have with I E is that the favorites load a little slow at times but it might be my pc running slow because i didn't run the delousing programs and eradicate the vermin smile

arkady wrote:

Russ Firefox is free..
There's a link to it on the front page of Chordie but if you got no probs with the I.E.7 browserI wouldn't bother.
Ark

This was probably related to a javascript thing I tried. It is disabled now. It will be tested before I put it online again.