1 (edited by Guitarpix 2008-05-05 23:45:04)

Topic: Went to Food Lion and bought a Piano!

I went to the local Food Lion today to pick up some groceries and bought a Piano! It was on a trailer in the parking lot and the old man told me I could have it for $40 and he'd carry it by my house... It's an antique upright saloon piano made by Conway Boston. Does anybody here know anything about pianos? It appears to be very well built from solid mahogany. It's all original except for the covering of 5-6 keys that have been replaced over the years. The original keys actually look and feel like real ivory. It does need refinishing but hey that's what I do for a living. Any info you could offer would be appreciated! Peace! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Went to Food Lion and bought a Piano!

Man.... you are nuts - and even though I haven't met her, your wife must be an angel!

I will NOT store your old piano... but if it takes up too much room, I will store some of your "spare" gits!

Congrats on the find and good luck in your new restoration project my friend big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

3 (edited by Guitarpix 2008-05-06 00:09:03)

Re: Went to Food Lion and bought a Piano!

topdown wrote:

Man.... you are nuts - and even though I haven't met her, your wife must be an angel!

I will NOT store your old piano... but if it takes up too much room, I will store some of your "spare" gits!

Congrats on the find and good luck in your new restoration project my friend big_smile

Oh come on man You said you'd store my musical gear! What's up with that?   lol 

I've been wanting a piano for awhile now. Used to play around with one when I was younger. Luckily a good friend of mine runs a music store that specializes in restoring pianos but he won't be back in state for a few weeks.
Yea, She's an angel! I've got my own music room off to one side of the house that stores all my equipment so she really doesn't mind much...I Think...  Now when I first took her sunroom and turned it into a music room she wasn't too happy but I think she's about over that. It came at a costs though. I had to sale the Billiard table and give her my game room back. It's ok though I spend all my time playing guitar not pool anyway. Peace! -Pix

She says she's cute too...lol     I'd have to agree!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]