Topic: Tears in Heaven-Eric Clapton

Hi
I really wan't to learn Tears in Heaven. I've read tabs but I just find it very difficult.
Please help.
Thanks

Re: Tears in Heaven-Eric Clapton

If you want to play it like Clapton, I can't help you. 

If you want to play it like Jaminfesteddonkey, then listen to the song carefully while looking at the tabs to pick up on the key 'signature' riffs.  Figure those out in a way that kind of sort of sounds the same (but exactitude is not necessary - just enough to suggest the same thing to a listener who knows Clapton's version) and then do the rest the way your fingers tell you to.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

its not so difficult it was the 2nd song i learnt there are a couple of nasty little chords in there but thats it try getting th right tab and learning tiny chunks at a time  it isnt impossible another simple one it blackbird by the beatles

Have a look here

http://spytunes.co.uk/tears-in-heaven.html

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

5 (edited by arkady 2008-05-07 17:56:38)

jaminfesteddonkey
It's nice to learn. The intro has a neat bass walk a little tricky but taken in slices quite simple.
you can use some so called "cheats" on the barre's playing only three strings and adapt as you go.
Don't stick ridgely to the tabs just use then as guide. Well worth spending time to learn.
Ark

I love playing this song and I dont play it anything like the great clapton.
I strum the chords along to the tune of me singing it.
The chords on chordie ( not the tabs) help a lot.

To play this anything like clapton for a beginner would be very hard and I would say dont bother trying it until you learn the guitar first.
Strum strum strum.

I should change my name to strumyerkilt.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I have to say I posted that link before I'd even looked at it. Totally beyond my ability. As for the thumb playing the low E string - forget it. My hands are too small.

I usually go along with "strumyerkilt"'s philosophy. Strum. Add a few bass runs. But strum.

On the other hand, if you found the link useful, then fire away. Wire in, as they say round these parts.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

I learnt it from licklibrary.com. Jamie Humphries gives a great tutorial there.