Topic: Plugging your hole

Last night my wife and I visited with friends and practiced some songs we are going to do at a "little country store" next weekend. I always thought my Takamine "Jumbo Electric Acoustic" had a GREAT sound when played through my acoustic amp but when I borrowed my buddies "Feedback Control" sound hole plug I was AMAZED!!!!!

With the feed back control plug in place my guitar had such a mellow, rich sound that I knew I had to have one. If you have not tried this simple device on your electric acoustic you are missing something. Hook up to your favorite amp, plug your hole and get ready for some sweeeeeet sounds. I'ma gonna be'a gettin' me one just as soon as I can.

Nela

Re: Plugging your hole

Who make s this device ,please.  Any more info.

you can purchase a "donut" in almost any music store just ask the guy behind the counter for a accustic sound cover its made of rubber I have one and I only use it when I play live with a amp otherwise you really dont need one most recording work with accustic the guitar is recorded with a mic anyway

"Growing old is not for sissies"

N E L A, this might be interesting: http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6681661.html
Don't know the price.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Musician's Friend has them for around five or six USD.

Old age and treachery...

I've been researching them, today, on the internet. There are several makes and models out there to chose from. There are several made outta rubber just like the one I tried last nite. From reading about them it was said that they will not harm the finish of your guitar but there is no guarantee. It is recommended to remove them when not playing. They do restrict the sound if not amped. The rubber one's are under $10.00. Lute Sound Hole Covers (do an internet search) are made of wood (maple, cherry and a couple of more) that can match the finish of your guitar. They come in light, medium and heavy models. Again, if your not amped up they will meed to be removed. These are around 30 bucks. An acoustic -  electric guitar will have feedback problems if you are not careful with your set-up and this device is supposed to stop this problem. I was VERY please with the sound I got last nite with the rubber one I used. I will have me one next week!

Nela