Topic: acoustic guitars

i just started playing the guitar about a year ago, and i really enjoy it. i play with my youth group every once in a while, but i mostly play for my own enjoyment. i am looking at purchasing a new acoustic guitar (mine is literally falling apart) and i was wondering what type you would recommend for my prurposes. i'm not looking to spend a ton of money, but i would like it to last. thanks for the help.

Re: acoustic guitars

if you want something cheap and durable i reccomend an alvarez. ive had mine about a year and a half, and its still like new. a friend of mine has had his about ten years. the have a nice sound, and a whole bunch of models to, you should really check em out

good luck

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Choosing a new guitar is like buying a pair of shoes, you try on different ones until you find the fit and style you like. Read the threads on acoustics this subject is well covered. Also consider looking for a used quality made guitar in a pawn shop. You'll get more for you buck and it will be new to you. Althought buying a new guitar is always nice. You mentioned that you occasionally play in your youth group, The last band I  played in was a worship band for five years. Don't loose site in why your playing For HIS glory not yours. Your leading people in to worship, sound is very important but more so your additude of willingness to give your all in submission.

Good luck & God Bless

Rev. Bootleger

Bootleger guitars

Hands & Feet street ministries

Hi

I just bought a Crafter Semi acoustic (GEA 6) and am very pleased with it. It's really well made and sounds great Try to find a good guitar shop and go and play all the guitars in your price range. You are bound to have a favorite by the time you get to the last one.

Thats my 10p worth

Good Luck

Cheers

Howard

My acoustic trio Website
[url]http://www.accidentallyacoustic.co.uk/[/url]

Well I am here to tell ya that you get what you pay for when you buy a cheap guitar. There are lots of models out there to pick from and I am not saying that you should pick up the cheapest, but if you want one of the most sweetest sounding and one of the most beautifulest tone you have ever heard. I am here to tell ya try a Washburn Southwest Electric Acoustic. It plays like one of the high end made guitars. I have had mine for about two years now and I would not trade it for nothing. I payed 300.00 dollars for this guitar and if you have a chance to play one you will not be able to put it down. You might jump on it as fast as you can when the word gets out it will most likely go up in price. Hope this helps you and points you in the right direction.

Twanger

Hey just wanted to offer an opinion here - I started with an Alvarez RD20SC acoustic-electric which was an excellent guitar, but a little lacking for me in the pick-up and preamp design. I have since moved on to an Ibanez AEF30 ac-el with the purple quilt-top finish. Effortless tuning with built in tuner, and the preamp design includes a shape control, which basically adds some warmth to your sound when you run it thru an amp. One of the best feel in the neck, also. You are looking around $400 for this one, try to hit a music storewhen they are having an end of season sale like I did and you will save $$$$. This guitar also sounds excellent played unplugged - I think you will be more than satisfied.