Topic: Recording songs

This question is for any administrator,

Why doesn't chordie have it's own media page where members could upload recordings of there

own compositions, instead of doing it on myspace? I don't if it's feasible, but wouldn't it be better

than  having to go to myspace or youtube every time you want to hear someones song? It just

seems to make more sense to me. Anyway, Thats my thoughts!!!

Thanks,
                                                                                         Chuck Hollaman

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Re: Recording songs

Hi Chuck,
Good question.  I am not a tech whiz, but I'm sure such a resource would be technically possible.  However, that would be a business decision involving costs, etc.

All of the forum Moderators and Administrators are volunteers who help with the site because we enjoy the resources offered by chordie.

New features have steadily been added to chordie and obviously many people find the site to be very useful.  Chordie serves a specialized niche in the market.

Personally, I don't mind having to go MySpace Music (or YouTube or Bebo, etc.) to share or hear recordings.  MySpace and others specialize in providing this service along with other useful resources.  In other words, that wheel has already been invented.

So, my opinion is that chordie should continue in it's core specialty and let other sites handle the sharing of recordings.  But then again, that's just an opinion of a volunteer . . .  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

James,

Thanks for the response back. I thought maybe money was the main reason, which makes

alot of sense! I do have a myspace page, but curiosity got the best of me, so I just had to

ask anyway. By the way, I've read some of your songs on here, and your a really good

writer! I really enjoy reading your lyrics. Have you recorded I've Been Looking For You?

I really like the lyrics to that song! Very well written.

Thank you very much,

Chuck: aka - getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Hi Chuck,

I know the creator of chordie ( Per) was going to get another site running, a site where you could put your own original songs on. I dont know if he is still planning to do this, or having trouble wit hit or too busy keeping chordie going.
maybe he will see this and answer your question?

I use youtube a lot and I like it because not only can I put my own original stuff on, i also put me doing covers on.
There is also a " fridns of chordie" on my space and another one in youtube, so although not on this actual site there are sites where members of chordie can share our music. ( but I know what ye mean by having a place on chordie for members)

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

upyerkilt,
          To start out with, I like your screen name[very cool]. I did figure out how to put my music
          on there, just have to get it recorded first. Hopefully soon!! You can do covers on youtube?
          Thats awsome, I'm gonna have to check that out! I do think it would be even better if we     
          could do that on here. Thanks for the info, I'll let you know when I get some songs on.
                                                                                                        Thanks,
                                                                                                                 Chuck Hollaman