Topic: DOCPHILS HOLIDAY

Ooh youre a holiday , such a holiday = Ooh I have a holiday, a real holiday

Its something I thinks worthwhile
I'm not going to the Nile
But I will leave with a big big smile
In my big wheelchair throwing stones
Throwing stones 1000 miles with broken bones

I AM ON A HOLIDAY FROM 27 May - 05 June.
I really hope to come back with new energy, the last months were TOO much. Documents, new documents, a demand for a wheelchair, because I can't barely walk. I'm not joking, I love joking and chordie.
Be sure I will think and thank all of you for GIVING ME SO MUCH IN RETURN YOU ARE ALL MY FRIENDS, please think of me, I need it. I want to return with a fresh head, it's hard to accept my condition in particular with that wheelchair, telling you enough about how I feel. BUT I AM SOMEONE WHO NEVER GIVES UP.
SO I WILL MISS YOU ALL FELLOW CHORDIANS, it pisses me of that I don't have a PC there, but is THAT REALLY NECESSARY?
SORRY for writing this, but I want you all to know how much you mean to me, more than you can imagine.
THANKS, I'm still here until monday.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: DOCPHILS HOLIDAY

Doc
Have yourself a great holiday.
All the best
Ark

Hi Lieven,

Have a great holiday, relax, unwind and get the internal batteries re-charged. Don't forget though that there are 170,000 Chordie Members and they will all want a stick of rock lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

4 (edited by Zurf 2008-05-24 11:02:12)

Best of luck to you Lieven.  Most folks I know who have fought against using a wheelchair over because of their pride were very happy to have it after only a very short while because of the additional freedom it gave them to participate more fully in life.  It's a tool, and that's all.  Don't let it get you down. 

Go out and have a BLAST with your new wheels.

Funny story about wheels.  I had a great uncle who was a character.  Gangrene got his legs when he was elderly, and he required a wheelchair.  Well, he was as strong as a mule, so they gave him a wheelchair he had to push on his own.  But as far as he was concerned, the loss of his legs meant he couldn't drive and a man without "wheels" wasn't a man.  So he bribed a couple of maintenance guys at the convalescence home he was in to cobble together and soup up an electric wheelchair from the parts of several broken ones they had in the basement.  Once he got it, he went cruising the halls looking for cute young nurses who were facing the other way and would run right into them from behind, forcing them to sit on his lap while he rolled off with them.   My mother was listed as "next of kin", so they called her to see if there was anything she could do.  She told them that there was not. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thank you so much. This thread wasn't mentioned to be a "full of self-pity" topic. As you see it started with a "stupid funny" Bee Gees word game. I don't care if comedians make jokes on disabled people, of course there are limits. But I am glad for 2 thinks YOUR FRIENDSHIP which I consider today as more important than I could imagine, and second, I can still make myself ridiculous, by telling or writing stupid even senseless things and that I didn't loose myself in sadness and no more joy in my life. There were very difficult periods, but haven't we all such periods. I have everything I need, even better what I wanted. Finances are 10x better than a year ago, and soon I attack that insurance company. Winning = BACK TO, BACK TO THE USSSA. And when I arrive there, it would be great to see you guys there THAT'S A PROMESS.
My life has changed a lot in a positive sense. Like APHRODITE'S CHILD: I WANT TO LIVE, after the RAIN AND TEARS.
In December (X-mas + New Year), my youngest brother who is also my very best friend pays a air plane ticket for mum & me to DUBAI where he is one of the "hot shots" in the "palmtree construction. But day by day, week by week that is the way to live.
I would love to post a thread about how chordie changed me, my lifestyle, and I am certainly not the only one.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Have a restful holiday Doc. We're all looking forward to your re-energized posts upon your return

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello