1 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-05-27 00:00:49)

Topic: FENDER VG

Well I played my first fender vg I was at a party saturday with several of my musician friends from at least four differn't bands and we were in the recording studio of the home of the drummer we were trying out his new senshouser (correct me on the spelling) and the bass player eric pulled out this strad it was a fender vg with a blond fretboard and mahogony body so he hands it to me and says "russ give it a rip" as I was pickin a few chords and jammin on some riffs he started changing the settings to show me all the features I was impressed it had an arsenal of onboard effects including dagdag,and open chord tunnings and it was offered for $1000.00 I checked later on ebay and the least expensive was around $1500'00 but I balked on buying not because i didnt like it but in all honesty my guitar sounds and plays better but at least I got to play the vg ive heard so much about next i am going to give the gibson robotic a dance or two and see what all the fuss is about,my good friend owns a music store and he's going to let me crank a few licks out on one of his les paul robotics I'll let you all know how it went later smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: FENDER VG

I've always wanted to play one of those! you are lucky. smile

tongue:P:P:P:P

its hard to distinguish your gender the stalk of brocolli could be a boy or a very slender lady and i get  dizzy if I look at your avitar more then 3 seconds lol

gnomefry wrote:

It must be your age Russ, only a young lady would have hair like that and only a young lady could make you dizzy if you looked at her for too long lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

5 (edited by arkady 2008-05-27 07:58:39)

Russ sounds like you had a real good time at your partie.. hope the "Ice Cream" was up to the Harding standard lol
Oh the dancing Brocolli is a girl it's in her statement to the world..

Ark

roger you may be right then I never was much of a vegetable officianado but as far as the ladies I enjoy getting a littlle dizzy now and then smile

Roger Guppy wrote:

It must be your age Russ, only a young lady would have hair like that and only a young lady could make you dizzy if you looked at her for too long lol

Roger

well ark they had everything but ice cream at the party I had to wait till I got home but it was a really nice way to spend the day and it felt good get away from my projects and hang out and shoot the breeze with some friends I think the brocoli needs a few more curves or bumps unless its the dior variaity lol

arkady wrote:

Russ sounds like you had a real good time at your partie.. hope the "Ice Cream" was up to the Harding standard lol
Oh the dancing Brocolli is a girl it's in her statement to the world..

Ark

I wrote in my sig I was a girl. smile

tongue:P:P:P:P

meaning what? is sig an abreviation for signature or some secreat gnome code known only to members of your pasta devotees smile

Russ,
the web sitre says: "...the virtual Stratocaster is free of 60-cycle single-coil hum."
With all the extra electronics how was the hum/noise level on the standard?  I don't know I would want to shield one of those. 

what amp did you play thru? just curios, I'm stalking out a new one...

That's alright, I got my guitar
-Jimi Hendrix

Tony I didn't notice any hum the vg was amped thru a recording mixer and I didn't get the chance to really crank it like im used to so it really wasn't a true workout but im sure if you play one you will put it through its paces before you lay out some hard cashola good luck hope it works out for you smile

tonydr wrote:

Russ,
the web sitre says: "...the virtual Stratocaster is free of 60-cycle single-coil hum."
With all the extra electronics how was the hum/noise level on the standard?  I don't know I would want to shield one of those. 

what amp did you play thru? just curios, I'm stalking out a new one...

thanks Russ

-Jimi Hendrix

gnomefry wrote:

I've always wanted to play one of those! you are lucky. :)

If you really want to play best guitar then u should select one  which support your skills with good tunings.
Choosing good guitar also make a important sense in your performance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daniel james

It's no secret that Fender makes great guitar amps, but which one is the best? We think it's the Blues Junior. Find out why
http://fenderbluesjunioramps.com

HOT ROD DELUX DEVILLE hands down thee best it uses 6L6 tubes and 60 watts and will blow the jr off the stage

AVIESTA wrote:
gnomefry wrote:

If you really want to play best guitar then u should select one  which support your skills with good tunings.
Choosing good guitar also make a important sense in your performance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daniel james

It's no secret that Fender makes great guitar amps, but which one is the best? We think it's the Blues Junior. Find out why
http://fenderbluesjunioramps.com

I like my junior. The el84's heat up faster and are good in a small amp, but gets a little thin when you crank it up, making it sound "vintage".
The 6l6 pairs have more headroom and get a cleaner sound and rounder tone and make a better stage amp. Much warmer and fuller than the junior.

-Jimi Hendrix