Topic: Admin Question

This is for any of the admin guys ... one thing I've noticed is some people on Chordie tend to ask alot of "theory" related questions ... could we make a forum geared strictly for "theory" type related questions?

It would be great to seperate it from the normal questions we usually get on here ... it would make referrencing anything to do with scales, modes, etc excellent

Thoughts?

Thanks!

~TiM~

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Re: Admin Question

I'm not an Administ (if that's even a word) but I'm with you on this one. Brilliant idea.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Hi Tim,

I have moved your post here as this is a better place for this discussion.

Ultimately the decision is Per's but I feel that your suggestion does have merit, to have a reference section for theory and save a lot of searching sounds good. I am a little concerned about administering it though, in releation to drawing the line as to what actually should be allowed in it, but on the whole I am in agreement.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

sounds good but there are a few other sections you could include that have been asked for in the past but never got a section ( sorry, canny remember exactly what ones)

Like Roger said, what would actually be allowed in it? what should be in it?

As it happens just now people still post wherever they like. I dont think they mean to most times, I see it as not looking for the rellevant section most times, and other times people might not have a clue how to use a forum. This would lead to more moderating to remove from one section and put in another.
Saying that, it is not that hard or too much hassle to move a topic,

I know a few here that would make good moderators for a section like this, some that have far greater knowledge than I and a lot of others do.

Lets see what Per says

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

K thanks guys ... I know we're constantly asking Jerome, etc about theory questions ... I thought it'd be great to have a music theory forum ... anything and everything to do with specifically Scales, Modes, Music History ... you know questions on things in music classes we didnt take but they did!  tongue

I think it'd help out alot for the guys and gals that want to learn beyond the basic chords, etc where they can start asking questions about theory

Thanks for considering it though smile

upyerkilt wrote:

I know a few here that would make good moderators for a section like this,

I also think it is a good idea and I nominate Jerome for admin. smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:
upyerkilt wrote:

I know a few here that would make good moderators for a section like this,

I also think it is a good idea and I nominate Jerome for admin. smile

we think alike

I think a section just for theory questions would be a good thing.  I also agree that Jerome would be a good person to moderate (if he is willing).  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Hopefully he'd be willing to do it ... he's on here daily so it shouldn't be much of a bother smile

I second (or fifth?) the vote for Jerome.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Strangely enough Jerome was in my mind as the ideal victim, sorry candidate, to look after this section if it comes to fruition when I wrote my previous comment. It only goes to prove that great minds think alike!!!

Roger

I think he comes to mind in ANYTHING regarding music theory ... I know I irritate him with mundane questions from time-to-time !!!  tongue

lol
we are going on about Jerome and he not even been asked, and Per has not even added this section in and might never lol

But remember if there is to be a section like this the moderator for the section is not a " Mr ask him and get an answer" Moderators moderate. Anything else they do like replying and answering etc is totally down to the moderator.
I just thought jerome because he would know more if a question/thread was to do with theory or not. I wouldnt expect Any individual to feel pressured into thinking they would have to reply to every question that popped up in a section

ken

I'm sure there's a few guys other than Jerome that would be able to answer theory-based questions ... maybe call the forum, "Music Theory:  On the Stool w/Jerome O'Neil" tongue

Oh man my ears are burning...

There's some smart theory people here, and I've been asking for something like this for a while, so I'm all in favor.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Sweet!  You the man Jerome!  Now if we can find a tip jar to put out for you ..........  tongue

Here's a tip.

Never go out in the rain wearing just your socks.

thank you to Per for the new section for theory.
And good Luck Jerome in moderating it.

Ken

You are ahead of me, Ken. You responded before I was able to announce it..:)

Enjoy the new forum!

Welcome to the mod squad Jerome ! Your knowledge and information has been a great asset to Chordie for some time. You are very deserving of your new assignment.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Awesome guys ... thanks for considering it and for Jerome accepting the new payless job tongue

I already gave him some work to do on the forum lol

I'd like to thank the academy...

Hi Jerome ,

Welcome to the team, you will be a great asset to Chordie, unfortunately the pay is non-existent and getting to the Christmas party involves a lot of travelling lol, but it is great fun never the less.

Roger

Roger Guppy wrote:

Hi Jerome ,

Welcome to the team, you will be a great asset to Chordie, unfortunately the pay is non-existent and getting to the Christmas party involves a lot of travelling lol, but it is great fun never the less.

Roger

loooooool

I Can Play And Thats Ture  (- -)
                                           -
                                         /--/