Topic: guitar under $400

hey all Im looking for a good guitar (prefably under $400) and I want hummbuckers I dont care 4 looks just sound I probably wont do any concerts with it. I play rock/metal thx guys

2 (edited by 06sc500 2008-06-07 15:25:58)

Re: guitar under $400

Go to musiciansfriend.com and check out the Ibanez, ESP, and Kramer models, in addition to a few of the Epiphones.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

How about these:

http://www.rondomusic.com/

I've read a lot of good reviews for the Agile LP clones.

I paid around $380 for my Epi LP with alnico humbuckers & the thing is a rock machine--the sustain is unbelievable.  Hit a power chord and just sit back and listen to it flow..almost takes on a life of its own.
You can grab a Epi SG for under $400 as well.
You can get a PRS now for around $400 & I hear good things about them.  I've played them but for me, I just liked how the LP feels strapped on--it it can sound so freakin' mean--I love it.

also check out same day music
http://www.samedaymusic.com/prodsearch? … orm=search

That's alright, I got my guitar
-Jimi Hendrix

i have this guitar http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71848 it was 250 euro in holland dont know the price abroad but it is a great guitar you got a switch to change between the pickups ur using it plays so nice and it got this great sustain that keeps on going;) im really satisified by this guitar. it is ideal for some heavy rocking;) and i dont have it for that long but it went with me to a couple of jam sessions and it handeld perfect

plays: Ibanez arx 120bx electric guitar , Fender CD60 steelstring

I agree with Franster ... my first thought with what style you want to play and the fact you want humbuckers is the Gibson Epiphone line ... you cant beat the price

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

HELLO DEAKEN 316
I had several topics about these guitars.
FIRST: I always give the advise to listen a guitar you like on youtube. It is not "the holy grail" but it gives you already an idea
- you can buy a Gibson Melody Maker Electric Guitar, but that one has only 1 single coil, but 384$
Gibson Faded SG Special Electric Guitar 699$
Epiphone B-Stock Les Paul Standard Plain Top 329$ on www.musiciansfriend.com On this site you find 100% a guitar you like AND in your budget. The B-stock are guitars from stores, 99% new. The regular Epiphon (=the same = 549$)
Ibanez RG2EX1 Electric Guitar = 299;99$ and the customer's reactions are great.
I hope just like the other fellow chordians that this info is good.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]