Topic: Transporting Song to a word Document

I prefer to have as many songs as I can fit on to a single page when I print the songs from Chordie, however, recent changes to the format do not allow me to cut and paste into a word document easily. Is this intentional or is there something I need to do differently.

In the past I would copy and paste a song along with the chords onto a blank form and edit it down to one page, now with the spreadsheet format I am rekeying the song and placing the chords above the line in the proper position for the change.

Does anyone have a suggestion how I could copy and paste, easily, into word or at least edit the current format to allow me to take out some spaces, put two lines on to one etc... to make a song fit onto to one page.

Thanks.

Re: Transporting Song to a word Document

Hi johnemac01,
Try this, move the song you want to print into your songbook (if it is not already there).  Go to you song book and then open the song using the little green 'edit' button at the end of its listing.

Now, in the upper pane you will see the song in it's 'raw' form.  You can now make whatever changes you want to the the file.  The raw (chordpro) format takes up very little space.  You can copy & paste this very easily into a word processor document.

This is not a perfect solution . . . the songs will have the chords in brackets within the lyrics like this:

{t:Anti-Gravity Waltz}
{st:James McCormick, December 10, 2007}
{c:6/8 time, A Waltz for Skeptics}

They [D]claim there's stuff called [G]"Gravity", they [D]say it's every-[A]where
They [D]say it's in the [G]w-a-t-e-r, the [D]dirt and [A]clouds and [D]air.
They [G]claim there's even [D]giant rocks, [G]spinning way up in the [A]sky . . .
They [G]think that I'll be-[D]lieve that crap, I [A]can't i-[A7]magine [D]why.
{soc}
[C]"Gravi-[G]ty", [D]"Gravity",
I [C]don't be-[G]lieve what [D]I can't see.
[C]"Gravi-[G]ty", Oh [D]"Gravity",
I've [C]never [A]seen this [D]"Gravity". . [A] . . [A7] . .
{eoc}

As you can see, it is not perfect - but the chordpro form of a song is easy to use and takes up very little space on a page.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Re: Transporting Song to a word Document

Thank you, James, that worked perfectly.