Topic: Playing in the dark

Ok some ppl will probably think this is a really weird topic to bring up but i'm really curious.....
Does anybody here besides me really like playing in the dark? Like totally dark? as long as you've memorized the piece....... smile
I feel like it takes away every distraction possible and it's just you and SOUND. It's  like there is nothing but the feel of the strings and SOUND. All around you, enveloping sound.  you lose your sense of vision, which feels real cool when you're playing.
  Maybe it's just me, but I love to pull out my guitar, turn off the lights and play for like an hour.

PLay On!

Re: Playing in the dark

I'll often plug a set of headphones into my practice tube amp, plug in the dot, and lay on the floor with my eyes closed.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

There's an old movie called 'Goodbye Girl' where Richard Dreyfuss's character practises guitar in the dark... and naked.

I'd recommend anyone about to play live practise in poor lighting, just so you get used to finding positions around the neck without decent visual cues. Your hands will know where to go after a few tries.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

Hey Guys ,
   I used to love to light one candle , turn off all the lights , crack a beer and sit back with my guitar plugged in to my old four track . Sometimes it would amaze me what would come out . Excellent for getting creative stuff going .........
   Hey Cytania , do you remember the scene in that movie where Dreyfuss's room mate played by Marsha
Mason , walks in to the room and turns on the light , and there he is naked with his guitar ?? It was pretty good............

Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Alone in the dark with my acoustic and some incense burning...
My idea of heaven.

All I know is I feel better when I sing.
Burdens are lifted from me.
That's my voice rising.

i have never played in the dark like this I dont think, but sounds like a fun thing to try.
next time i go camping ( very soon) i will play in the tent with no lantern on

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Never tried playing guitar in the dark but I have played naked many times.

Nela