Topic: TOP 5 MOST UNFORGETABLE MOVIE SONGS

NO MUSICALS but movies having a fantastic soundtrack like
1) EASYRIDER + the fantastic 60ties songs
2) GOODMORNING VIETNAM = idem dito
3) GHOST: THE RIGHTEOUS BROTHERS come back: That song still grabs me my the throat UNCHAINED MELODY
4) PHILADELPHIA with Bruce Springsteen's SUBLIME song STREETS of PHILADELPHIA
5) PRETTY WOMAN (Julia Roberts + Richard Gere) ROXETTE'S It Must 'Ve Been Love

Music in movies = a strange thing. How many movies I saw without noticing songs, a lot. Just when the film ends and the lights are turned on I realize that there great songs, BUT SOME SONGS ARE SO GREAT = right song on the right moment taking your breath away (yes maybe TOPGUN too), that you get tears in your eyes, like in GHOST = VERY EMOTIONAL.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: TOP 5 MOST UNFORGETABLE MOVIE SONGS

Hi gitaardocphil,
"The Big Chill" and "Forest Gump" both use some great songs.

Aside form overall soundtracks, these individual songs are what come to mind for me:

Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Judy Garland, Wizard of Oz
Lydia the Tattooed Lady - Groucho Marx, At the Circus
Follow - Richie Havens, (forget what movie, more than one movie maybe)
Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds, The Breakfast Club
The Universe Song - Eric Idle, Monty Python's The Meaning of Life

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Roxanne - Always reminds me of the scene in 48 Hours where Eddie Murphy is sitting in his La-Z-Boy listening to it on his headphones and singing it off-key.

Children of Sanchez - Oddly I have never seen the movie, because as far as I know it was never released.  Nevertheless, Chuck Mangione had a gold album soundtrack to it.  The theme is fantastic!  Whenever I hear the song, I think of the oddity of him having such a good selling soundtrack to a movie that was never released.

Born to Be Wild - But not from Easy Rider, from Fandango.  It was a brat pack-esque movie about one of the guys going off to war and one last road trip.  There's a scene where one of the guys wanders off to Mexico and needs a rescue.  So, they call the only guy they know who can get there fast enough - a stoner pilot with a Cessna 182 he's got all painted up like a tie-dyed T-shirt.  He's following road directions and flying underneath bridges and overpasses to read the road signs.  But there's an absolutely perfect scene cut from them needing help and the question, "Who do we know who can get there fast enough?" to a blackout with the opening notes of Born to Be Wild and when the heavy duty strumming kicks in they blast the screen with a closeup of the tie-dyed plane peeling up from barnstorming an underpass with the stoner reading a road map while flying. 

Western Theme - I don't really know the title of the song, but it is an orchestral piece that was first used to my knowledge in High Plains Drifter, but it was also used to good effect in Silverado and Pale Rider.  It certainly evokes images of wide open spaces and opportunity for the making.

Theme to Star Wars - Yeah, I know.  But it is unforgettable.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Eliot Smith's work in "Good Will Hunting" was fantastic
Elvis Costello "She" from "Notting Hill"; I know it's a "chick flick" but it's the perfect song for the movie and Elvis has always been one of my favorite writers/performaers

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Hi Guys ,
  How about these , only us old timers will probably remember them .
   Moreen McGovern's :
  " The Morning After " from
The Posieden Adventure ,
   David Gates' :
  " The Goodbye Girl " from the original movie ( not the remake )
   Bette Middler"s :
  " Wind Beneath My Wings "
from Beaches
   Coven's :
  " One Tin Soldier " from
Billy jack

Oh , do you remember
these.............?

Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Sadly G S E, I do.  I was trying very hard to forget Wind Beneath My Wings and One Tin Soldier but now you've gone and reminded me.  Oh well, back to therapy...

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Sorry Zurf ,
   I know what you mean , and I feel your pain , but those were the first ones that came to mind . L O L .....

Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

So corny but....

Aerosmith - Come together and the other one from Armageddon
The Clash - Armagideon Time from Grosse Pointe Blank
Don't know who did it but Armagideon Time from Ghost Dog, Legend of the Samurai
Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight from Risky Business
Jeff Healey Band - Roadhouse Blues/Hoochie Coochie Man from Roadhouse
Echo And The Bunnymen - Killing Moon from Donnie Darko....

I could go on all day cool

I'm the son of rage and love

I love this topic.
Did you see the movie, also directed by the COEN brothers: O brother where art thou?
That movie has a fantastic soundtrack too, with 1 strange fact.
The movie is about a period end 20ties but the FANTASTIC SONG: you are my sunshine was added, WRITTEN or ON A RECORD in 1939.
- A man of constant sorrow
- You are my sunshine

ANOTHER GREAT SOUNDTRACK IS: PAT GARRETT & BILLY THE KID written by Bob DYLAN.
This album by DYLAN is for me one of his best albums. Except from KNOCKIN'ON HEAVENS DOOR are the songs all with the same chord progressions but every song is a jewel.
http://www.bob-dylan.com/albums/patgarrett.html BOB DYLAN at his BESST.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I can't believe I forgot O Brother!  One of the best films ever... even though I don't fancy George Clooney!

I'm the son of rage and love