Topic: Song Edits not being saved in Songbook?

I have noticed this issue once or twice in the past but not paid much attention to it.  However, I spent about 15 minutes correcting the lyrics to "Dani California" (the original tabbed lyrics are not even close) and hit the save button.

When I clicked on the song a little later the key adjustment I made had saved but the lyrics had reverted back to the incorrect version.

Does anyone know a sure fire way to ensure the lyric changes are saved?

Re: Song Edits not being saved in Songbook?

I experimented some more with this.

I can reliably save a song edit if I always do the following steps:

1. Add a song to my songbook.
2. Click "My Songbook".
3. Clicked Edit next to the song I wish to change.
4. Make changes and click Save.
5. Click "back to songbook"
6. Click song I edited and verify it worked.

If you don't add the song to the songbook before you make edits, or if you add it to your songbook but don't select "edit" from your songbook first, the changes will not be saved.

Hi danagle and glad you figured it out.  I edit songs often.  Once you get used to the coding system it is simple.

The main thing (like you figured out) is to click the 'save' button between the edit and display windows (not your browser's save).  Also, don't hit 'back' on your browser to get to your songbook - use the 'back to songbook' button.

For the sake of improving chordie's index of songs, consider 'improving' the listing back in the main index.  Here's how:

Copy your improved version onto your clipboard from the 'edit' window in your songbook.
Go to the artist's listing and select the song.
Then hit 'please improve this song' at the bottom of the page.
Finally, just zap the old ugly version and paste your beautiful version into the edit pane.
(Don't forget to hit 'save')

Now, other users will have access to your more accurate version of the song.
Your name will appear on the song's page as being the one who improved the song.

Glad you are using the 'edit song' feature - it is one of the best features chordie has to offer.
James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Hi everyone,

This topic is dear to me. I edit a lot of songs, and I always use the steps above. Most of the time it works great, but occasionally it does not. I made a small change to a song in one of my songbooks - the preview shows the change however the song is not being updated - when I open the song from my songbook it is still the earlier version. I thought it might be a cookie issue - so I flushed all cookies but that did not help.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Randy 'Scenics' Hill

I followed danagle's steps but after I hit edit the song goes into another format. Most of the time I want to change keys. When I go into edit mode, I can not change the chords. Any help?

Thanks to all you guys who contribute songs. Chordie enriches my life.

Charles Nix