Topic: Playing upside down

I am left handed but learned to play on all my friends right handed guitars so thats how i play, I am getting more proficiant and have found some harder cords that i have trouble playing, Am i going to encounter more problems? Should i keep slayin it upside down or bite the bullet and get a lefty?

Rock your Freak'in Socks OFF

Re: Playing upside down

capt_pat wrote:

I am left handed but learned to play on all my friends right handed guitars so thats how i play, I am getting more proficiant and have found some harder cords that i have trouble playing, Am i going to encounter more problems? Should i keep slayin it upside down or bite the bullet and get a lefty?

You keep doing what feels most comfotable to you. A few noteable players that play the way to play are Seal and Albert King(blues guy). Also, right handed guitars are much more available to test in stores than lefties. I played in a band many years ago with a dude(Ritchie McCort) who played lefty w/ a righty guitar. He was amazing to listen to but almost impossible to follow. He was the lead guitarist, I was the rhythym guitarist. Keep on doin' what feels most natural to you. As you advance and improve your unorthodox playing style will definitely turn some heads. A 'gimmick' if you will, might be the extra little ingredient that'll get you noticed.........................

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Re: Playing upside down

Thanks for the advise, i agree,  it also seem to make reading my tabs easier, its like a mirror image, just computes better.,., Much appreciation

Rock your Freak'in Socks OFF