Re: amps?

hey 06sc500 i dont care about the affects because i already have a line six POD X3 i just want an amp that has lots of power and no fuzz or static.

Why no fuzz or static? There's always going to be a slight amount with any amp and you won't be able to hear it if you're playing live.

well if there will always me some fuzz or static then what brand produces the least amount of it?

If you get a recording amp like this one:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/74524

it will have less as it's designed to be as quiet as possible for recording. If you need to have a mic next to it you don't want any fuzz/static from it.

The thing is though those amps are quite low powered, so they might not be suitable for gigging.

If you're willing to settle for slightly worse distortion a Solid-State amp should have less background noise than a Tube amp. Mine didn't, but it was 15 years old.

hi , you can get a crystal clear sound if needed with the VOX valvatronic 100 at a high volumn.
it puts out all you need in volumn untill the time comes for the mike.the effects and cabinet types
are very good ,but if you want a powerfull 100 watt amp. the twin celestian blue 12" speakers do
a hellof a job.
                                                                                 chao,rod
                                                                                         CANADA.

i want a no fuzz or static amp like i said in other post , but i want to be able to use destortion also and i want it to sound good to even if the amp is really clean, i dont want it to have so little fuzz or static that it will mess up the destotion. or is that even possible.

hi,with vox you can change the wattage from 0 to 100. say if you turn your wattrage down to 30
you will get a natural distortion at a lower volumn.cabinet types will give natural distortion also.
if you set a cabinet type at 1X 12' SPEAKER AND 60 WATT OUTPUT YOU'LL GET A WONDERFUL
distortion sound with sustain.

chao, rod.

33 (edited by Tibernius 2008-06-27 17:32:48)

Sorry for the long post but it's either this or split it over three. :(

Montana W. wrote:

i want a no fuzz or static amp like i said in other post , but i want to be able to use destortion also and i want it to sound good to even if the amp is really clean, i dont want it to have so little fuzz or static that it will mess up the destotion. or is that even possible.

If you want a good clean tone then you'd be better off with a Fender or Fender-style amp.
If you want a better Distorted tone then you'd be better off with a Peavey. If you have a look at this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dD7EoehgpsA

it seems pretty versatile. The demo is for the 2x12 100watt version, but the 1x12 50watt version should sound pretty much the same.

I tend to go through the youtube videos to find out about the tone of the different amps, pedals, etc. since the "local" music store is an hours drive away and doesn't stock any amps other than the cheaper Laney amps.

An example of the "buzz" on tube amps:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=J4OUNA-Fx-w

as soon as he starts playing the buzz disappears. If it really causes problems you could always buy something like this:

http://www.musicstreet.co.uk/boss-noise … db5df7f0c5

I use a Zoom G2.1U which has the same effect as one of the options, and it works brilliantly. Unless I put my strat-style directly in front of the amp there's no hum at all. :)
I still end up using the Amp on its own most of the time though as it doesn't have much of a hum anyway.

If you do have any chance of trying some amps in this price range out before you buy them then do it, the last thing you want to do is end up spending your money then finding an amp you like more for the same amount.

As for the Valvetronix, it depends whether you want an amp that's designed to sound like a load of other amps. The VT series just seems to complicated for me, but plenty of people like them. It all depends on the player. As long as you get an amp that you like that's all that matters.

hey rodhook wat is vox