Re: First and Best concert you went to

KAP ... that must of been during the early, mid-80s ... not many people remember Slade ... I just remember their one song, "Run Run Away" ... I never heard of Johnny Winters until I was in Cleveland during holiday and saw Johnny Winters in The House of Blues ('06) ... simply amazing ... he needed help getting up from his chair but to see him playing at that age was phenomenal ... I only wish I saw him years ago

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Hey Tim.The concert that I was at I believe was early to mid seventies.Slade(awesome band) opened for Johnny Winters.It was a small venue by todays standards(5,000 tops) but Man...the crowd was into it.Both bands blew us away.This was around the same time or earlier, that Edgar Winters released Frankenstein.I'm not sure when that was exactely.I'm not as yung as I use ta was. LOL
Anybody out there know a little Bio on Slade.Johnny Winters had been around a long time before the concert and was a top draw across North America.
I would have loved to seen Johnny in Cleveland.I bet you had a blast.
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

He was great, I do remember that ... I remember asking my sister (she's 10 years older than me) and I said did you ever hear of a guy named Johnny Winters and she said, "heck yeah, he was big in the 70's when I was a teenager" ... I wish I would have heard him alot sooner! lol

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Woodstock 1994, what a great concert. We seen 33 bands
in three days of peace and music. It took me a week to recover, but all worth it. some of the bands were, The Allman
Brothers, Joe Cocker, Bob Dylan, Areosmith, Crosby Stills Nash, Collective Soul, Nine Inch Nails, Metalica, Cheryl Crow,
The Band, Greenday, Primus, Peter Gaberial, Cyprus Hill,
Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blind Melon, The Cranberrys, Steve
Winwood and Ten Years After, Arron Neville, The Spin Doctors, Todd Rungrund. I must say that The Band with Levon Helm was my favorite of the weekend. We got lots of pictures and news papers About the concert and made a scrapbook to remember our musicial journey. I tell ya I'm getting older and would do it again in a heartbeat. Just can't
beat live music. 

Take Care Badeye cool

one caper after another

Hey kaps
Slade.......A British Glamrock group from Wolverhampton know em well had a great christmas hit in 1980 "Merry Xmas Everybody" still played alot at xmas and a lot more hits front man Noddy Holder check out the sideburns...............
More here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slade
Ark

Hey Ark...Great Link and got it bookmarked.Check out who Slade influenced.Noddy Holder had those "Pork Chops"when they played the Gardens.He has a great raw voice nobody could copy but there sure was a lot of porkchops.
Thanks
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)