Topic: Chord Theory

Hi everyone.
I recently posted a song  called I've Got To in the songwriting section and and looking for the right chords to to place.I can't seem to find them in the chordie scales and I would like to edit the song  so it's properly written.The chords are...Bm7 played on the 4th fret
                                                          F7    played on the 2nd fret
                                                          F7    played on the 4th fret
                                                          F      played on the 5th fret
                                                          F      played on the 4th fret
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Again
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: Chord Theory

KAP54 wrote:

The chords are...Bm7 played on the 4th fret
                         F7    played on the 2nd fret
                         F7    played on the 4th fret
                         F      played on the 5th fret
                         F      played on the 4th fret

For the sake of clarity should the word shape be added after each chord name you gave?

This would make the actual chords you want:

Bm7 shape played on the 4th fret = C#m7
                         F7    shape played on the 2nd fret = F#7
                         F7    shape played on the 4th fret = G#7
                         F      shape played on the 5th fret = A
                         F      shape played on the 4th fret = Ab

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks Roger.
I will re-edit after work.
Just out of curiosity did I miss the chorde conversion in the charts.

Thanks again
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

KAP54 wrote:

Just out of curiosity did I miss the chorde conversion in the charts.

I do not think that there is any way of converting from the Chord Charts, that info came from my head, but I have been playing for a day or two. Perhaps if you look at Anastasia's "Tuning Question" in Acoustic the info that I and Alvee passed on will help.

Incidently if you edit your song instead of putting the chords above the line put them in the line where they change and in square brackets like so : [C]Mary had a [F]little lamb........... Then James or I can easily make it look all nice and purdy with the chords in blue and in the right places with the chord grids shown.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks Again.
I hope I got it the way it should be.

KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hi Roger
Thanks for the link to Anastasia's question.It helped me to understand a little bit and that I should invest more time in theory.I do have a bit of a learning disability and stuff like this just doesn't stick(which is why I avoided it as a youngster) and now I pay the price.I will try and do gooder.
Thanks Again
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

It's not complex.  The fundamentals are a really simple set of rules that can lead to great complexity.

Start with the major scales.  There's a sticky thread on that, but it's more practical than theoretical.    I'll try to work up a scale lesson focusing on the theory for the sticky list.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Thanks Jerome and Roger.For me I have to do practical cause when I look at it on paper "it's all greek to me".As simple as they are to some one else for me it's a huge challenge to understand and "grasp".
That would be awesome Jerome if you did a scale thingy focusing on theory for me and those like myself that have a hard time grasping paper.
Kudos to you.
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)