Topic: Prayer needed for my guitar

Boy's n girls I done got me a sick guitar. Last nite I got ready to practice for awhile and when I turned my amp on all I got was a loud buzzing. Never could get it to stop. Just around the corner from where I'm working is a guitar hospital so that is where I took it. On first glance the guitar doctor said I needed a new jack installed and recommended a complete set-up to make sure everything was cured. The doctor then wrote me a prescription for $65.00. Before I was out the door my guitar musta had a another seizure or something as I was called back into the emergency room and told that it appeared as though I played a lotta country chords as my frets 1 thru 5 showed a lotta wear and needed to be examined more closely with possibe surgery needed. I was then wrote another prescription for $85.00 and sent home. My guitar is expected to be in the hospital until next Tuesday.   I don't want any of my Chordie friends to feel sorry for me BUT I sure do wish ya'll would say a prayer that the guitar doctor don't write me any more prescriptions.

Nela

2 (edited by johncross21 2008-06-24 22:53:33)

Re: Prayer needed for my guitar

i know what a difficult time you must be going through at the present time

I sincerely hope that you guitar makes a full recovery

I can also understand how very painful it can be having to open your wallet that wide

but you have to prepare youself for the worse - you will almost certainly have to buy a new set of strings too.

Geez Nela,
Thats so funny. Are ya sure it wasnt An Irish Hospital you took it to ?.
Its so bad here now its 2 to a bed lol
The other day before i left the hospital i was handed my Bill. When i looked at the amount, i nearly had another  anaphylaxis.

The best i can do is send some flowers. Oh, and light a magic candle.
Ps. Dont be so heavy handed Garsun, Pretend its your Mrs, when strumming.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

what you need is a GMO (Guitar Maintenance Organization).  For a modest monthly fee ($10/mo.) and a small co-pay ($5) you can get a complete setup once a year including truss rod adjustments and fret leveling.  Emergency room visits require a $50 deductible.  Pickup transplants or replacement tuners however, are not covered.

Here's to a complete recovery.

That's alright, I got my guitar
-Jimi Hendrix

Dear guitar,

Although we have never met I have spoken to your good friend Nela several times and he informs me that you are unwell so here is wishing you a speedy recovery and hoping you are soon back to your old self.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Nela
So sorry to hear of your recent family illness...It must be tough on everyone.Do I send a Get Well card to the Fender family?
Pay no attention to all the guitar hospital horror stories as its mostly hype.(I seen that in a Micheal Moore movie)
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

NELA wrote:

Boy's n girls I done got me a sick guitar. Last nite I got ready to practice for awhile and when I turned my amp on all I got was a loud buzzing. Never could get it to stop. Just around the corner from where I'm working is a guitar hospital so that is where I took it. On first glance the guitar doctor said I needed a new jack installed and recommended a complete set-up to make sure everything was cured. The doctor then wrote me a prescription for $65.00. Before I was out the door my guitar musta had a another seizure or something as I was called back into the emergency room and told that it appeared as though I played a lotta country chords as my frets 1 thru 5 showed a lotta wear and needed to be examined more closely with possibe surgery needed. I was then wrote another prescription for $85.00 and sent home. My guitar is expected to be in the hospital until next Tuesday.   I don't want any of my Chordie friends to feel sorry for me BUT I sure do wish ya'll would say a prayer that the guitar doctor don't write me any more prescriptions.

Nela

Nela,

I'm guessing that you are either playing a tele or strat type guitar since you mentioned country music.  New jack ? could just need to resolder due to a loose ground wire although a new $ 10.00 jack won't hurt.  Set ups are always great when done right, make sure you tell the tech what strings you always use. He will set up your action and intonation to that gauge of strings any thicker or thinner gauge and your guitar intonation will be off (flat or sharp).  If he (the tech) is recrowning the frets (all) $ 85.00 is not a bad price to pay, in the 70's & 80's I use to pay $ 40.00 to for a set up & fret crowning it was definately worth it my guitars played like butter. If it is just the five frets you can buy replacement necks from $90.00 to 149.00 .

Good luck,
Bootlegger.

No strat, Boot. It's a hollowbody Ibanez I use while traveling. Where is Pico Rivera,Ca? I am working in San Diego renovating an apartment complex.

Nela