Topic: roger gruppy?

is roger gruppy still around?

my guitar is like my brother.
we never get along..

Re: roger gruppy?

Perhaps you mean Roger Guppy?
Yes, he is still around and better than ever . . .

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Yup NZ I am still about in Chordieland, although I have not seen much of you around lately but glad to see you back.

At the moment I am getting packed up as I am moving tomorrow so I will not be around so much for a day but I hope to get the chance to look in at least once a day.

Roger

PS as James pointed out there is no R in my surname.

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Here's a little moving music for you Roger . . .

'Moving to Montana Soon' by Frank Zappa and The Mother's of Invention.

Wish I could be there to help you with the process.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

or Movin' On by Bad Company
or Move It On Over by Hank Williams
or Wild Thing (You Moooove Me) by The Troggs

Good luck Roger, I hope your new living quarters bring you happiness and comfort.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

ps-nzlectric; to answer your e-mail, I do not reside in the Phillipines. I'm located on the west coast of Florida, USA.

Give everything but up.

Roger Guppy wrote:

At the moment I am getting packed up as I am moving tomorrow so I will not be around so much for a day but I hope to get the chance to look in at least once a day

So the ants finally pushed you out Eh...=D

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Hey roger
Are the cats going to. smile
Is it a return to Blighty?
Ark

Thanks for the moving music guys.

Pix you have a terrific memory but I am happy to report that my drastic, explosive action put the little blighter off for good (touch wood).

Ark, unfortunately I lost Henry rather suddenly in January so I only have T.T. (Twinkle Toes) and she is most certainly coming with me. I had considered going back to Blighty but T.T. has no passport and things look a bity bleak back there at the moment so I decided to stay here. I am going back down the the Algarve where I should be able to find more work than up here. This experience has made me realise that getting T.T her passport will have to be a priority when I get moved.

Roger

nzlectric wrote:

is roger gruppy still around?

Well at least he didn't call you Roger Grumpy smile Hope all is well with you in the new diggs bud!

Bootlegger.

Thanks Boot,

I am getting settled in but have a bundle of work to do to get things shipshape.

Nice to see you about again too, your absence has not gone unoticed, and I hope all is well with you.

Roger

sorry for the wrong surname.. yeah im back, decided to learn playing again. hows things for you? just wanna ask some advice for beginners like me (again..lol). thanks again for that backing track that you've sent me before. i think my problem is rhythm. any advice to improve it? i can play some song but not that great.

we never get along..

When you have a surname that is as unusual as mine you get used to folks getting it wrong so don't think twice about it.

When you are learning to play the guitar it is important that you start by only playing songs that you know really well and preferably with few chords in it. (In the 50's and 60's there were many songs with just three or four chords but there are fewer, I think, today).

Start by just stumming the chord on a down stroke and at one beat per bar. Sing along with the song to get familiar with the changes. Then when you are happy with the changes, put down your guitar. Listen to a recording of the song or play in in your mind and at the same time tap your right hand on your thigh in time to the music, not just a steady beat but vary it to go along with the song. Then pick up your guitar and convert that rhythm that you just tapped out into a strumming pattern.

OK easier said than done but I hope that helps.

Roger

Roger Guppy wrote:

When you have a surname that is as unusual as mine you get used to folks getting it wrong so don't think twice about it.

When you are learning to play the guitar it is important that you start by only playing songs that you know really well and preferably with few chords in it. (In the 50's and 60's there were many songs with just three or four chords but there are fewer, I think, today).

Start by just stumming the chord on a down stroke and at one beat per bar. Sing along with the song to get familiar with the changes. Then when you are happy with the changes, put down your guitar. Listen to a recording of the song or play in in your mind and at the same time tap your right hand on your thigh in time to the music, not just a steady beat but vary it to go along with the song. Then pick up your guitar and convert that rhythm that you just tapped out into a strumming pattern.

OK easier said than done but I hope that helps.

Roger

thanks Roger. i'm trying to play songs that only have 4 to 5 chords in it,  they have easy chords i just cant get the strumming. these songs are Stolen & Don't wait by Dashboard Confessional. they're my favorite band. listen to the song please and see what you think. Thanks

nooblectric

we never get along..

I loved that name it sounded like ROGER GROUPIE. I really hope everything is OK, big BRO.
I am very busy at the moment writing about A GENERALIST from BABY to the END. People who read it are pushing me to continue because it seems hilarious, starting with how I see the world through the eyes of a baby.
It's the first time since months that I had so much fun, and this is a good thing for me. SINCE LONG I LAUGHED writing something "stupid but true."

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]