Topic: Metal?

Anyone here like metal??? for example, System of a Down or The Exploited??

How come we forget what we want to remember, and remember what we want to forget??

2 (edited by SGinCYQX 2008-05-19 15:04:11)

Re: Metal?

System of a Down is not freakin' metal tongue .

Metallica is metal. Pantera is metal. Hell, even Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom, and Atreyu are metal. System of a Down is poorly disguised emo music. Nothing wrong with SOAD, but it's not metal.

And yeah, I'm into old-school metal. Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica, that stuff. Also kind of like the new stuff like what I mentioned.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

system of a down is awesome...

and they are metaL...sort of a diffenrt metal tho
i agree tho i really like the old skool stuff...
i nevaer used to be a fan i was more into AC DC, sabbath, zepplin... and other old stuff, but my freind got me into
ironmaide, judas preist dragonforce adn things like that...im into COF, and BFMV aswell...

so now me and me freind sit in our class listening to this while everyone eles is all "soildier boy pantyho why me crank?...and why me roll??.." and were all like
" NO MORE LIES...NO MORE LIES...NO MORE LIES..."

[ were both only 14]

if you can learn bass in 15 minutes
then why do i play the guitar???
tongue

SGinCYQX wrote:

System of a Down is not freakin' metal tongue .

Metallica is metal. Pantera is metal. Hell, even Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom, and Atreyu are metal. System of a Down is poorly disguised emo music. Nothing wrong with SOAD, but it's not metal.

And yeah, I'm into old-school metal. Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica, that stuff. Also kind of like the new stuff like what I mentioned.

I do LIKE system of a down though... but yeah not metal

All You Need is Love smile

I'm a huge metal fan. I listen to and play everything from old Doom Metal to Hair Metal, Groove Metal, and Black/Folk/Viking Metal. I have a real soft spot for Power Metal, though...

And SOAD, not metal...

Metal is what drives me ... LOVE it ... as a matter of fact, I just went to the Iron Maiden "Somewhere Back in Time" kickoff tour on Wednesday ... absolutely AWESOME ...

I love any kind of metal, whether it be Maiden, Priest, Motorhead, Metallica, Megadeth, etc but I love some "Nu Metal" like Disturbed, SOAD, etc

Love classic Rock like the Zeppelin, The Doors, Boston, etc as well

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

slayer, metallica, pantera, black sabbath, to many to name cuz im lazy but i love em all. doesnt soad have some kind of weird title like experimental hardcore or something. could someone verify that for me.

yesterday is the past
tomorrow a dream
today you find out
what is best left unseen

system of a down isnt metal its awesome rock.

american metal is weak. lamb of god is ok with some songs.
good metal is Celtic Frost, Arch Enemy, In Flames, As I lay dying, Apocalptica and so
on.
i love all metal and rock so system of a down is still awesome

The problem with the world is people having lack of commen sense...and warning labels. So if we remove warning labels the problem will fix itself.

System absolutely kick ass, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they were metal.
Like toxic, I would say they are awesome ROCK.
However, I don't agree with the statement that american metal is week, personally I like them, though its heavier if you get some australian stuff =p

Ben

It's not how well you play... It's how much effort you put into the playing

I like SOAD a lot but i dont think its metal. Metallica is metal. (Or trash metal more likley)
But i like a bit of rap metal like Limp Bizkit.
BUT RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE..... PWWWWNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like....

Rage is one of my favorites. Metallica too.

I hate System though.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

Metallica is metal. Pantera is metal.
Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica now that is
metal

i hate the new crap System of a Down, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, Limp Bizkit not metal its crap crap crap

rage against the machine is cool man that guitar player is really good and they got an awsome bass player!! children of bodom is a sub gengre of metal what is called powder metal that is wat really bootst me up;)

plays: Ibanez arx 120bx electric guitar , Fender CD60 steelstring

I wouldnt call rage nu-metal, nu metal is more like um.........linkin park or limp bizkut. Rage is more funk-influenced than those bands. SOAD is almost metal, but no not metal.

[url=http://www.myspace.com/rdxfunk]www.myspace.com/rdxfunk[/url]