Topic: a new way of jamming

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/ma … ticle.html

this is from the plymouth , "evening herald" newspaper ( uk ) .... its a completly new way of jamming on your own .... i dont think its in production yet but i wouldnt be surprised if  they were able to accept orders .

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

2 (edited by Old Doll 2008-06-25 23:07:25)

Re: a new way of jamming

Very Clever,
Dont they look a happy bunch! I wonder will they have some where to hold a cigarette lol This always seemed to big a big problem with Guitarist, well the ones i knew.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Very Cool Concept.
I can see it being a huge hit if the price is right.I'll have to keep my eyeballs open.
Thanks KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

A guitarist near here has a black box that records a rhythm line he lays down. When he reaches the end of his chord progression, he steps on a foot pedal that loops it and repeats the progression over and over while he plays lead along with it.
So cool! Gotsta get me one.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

loop pedals next it will be "dial a lead solo" why not just join a band (I can hear it comming) the loopist are gathering for a verbal defense of there beloved pedal smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Line6 has the SpiderJam that does this ... it has studio drum tracks, etc programmed in (not electronic mp3s) ... you play your rhythm, or lead etc and loop it with whatever tracks you chose ... you dont need a band, it's all there ... not saying Id use it over a band, just saying smile

http://line6.com/spiderjam/

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Holy mother of god whats next holograms just stay at home and let the program do the gig and pig out

I play very little with others which is unfortunate; I wish I had time for more. IMO, the bottom line is looping and the like are toys. Fun to play and practice and if it makes you play and practice more great. BUT I agree with Russell it IS NEVER a substitute for playing with other musicians. The human element can never be replaced. Improvisation, anticipation, collaboration...no machine substitute.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

9 (edited by mixter102 2008-06-28 17:06:38)

Russell_Harding wrote:

Holy mother of god whats next holograms just stay at home and let the program do the gig and pig out

I can see club owners loving the Holograms,  they're never late, they don't get drunk, and they won't hit on their girlfriends.

so true smile smile as long as you remember to send the program to the right gig but i suppose that given enough time the program will book the gig and send it self ho ho smile

mixter102 wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

I can see club owners loving the Holograms,  they're never late, they don't get drunk, and they won't hit on their girlfriends.