Topic: using (chordie)song books off line?

hello,
im going camping next month...every year i go to chordie and print all my fav's , put in a folder , take camping...
this year i would like to some how use my computer...i won't have any internet access...but would like to use
the computer to hold all my songs ,its well lit and so on... can any one give me some tips?
thxs best site ever

Re: using (chordie)song books off line?

I am not very computer savy,but I know that places like staples ,best buy sell usb devices that you can load files onto.I would check into that if I were you.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

3 (edited by sundog236 2008-06-24 15:22:40)

just download your songbook.... it's that easy....  works on a pc too

thxs...how do you download your song book?................94564......

sundog236 wrote:

just download your songbook.... it's that easy....  works on a pc too

I found the best way is to click on "View/Print Songbook" - this creates a formatted webpage of your songbook, with an index page. Then from that window click - "File - Save As" and choose 'Webpage Archive' and give it a name. This will save your entire songbook as a single file which can be viewed or printed without having Internet access. I use this to distribute songbooks to family members for our family reunions - campfire singalongs.

Give it a try - works for me.

Thxs...I DID IT.....also itried saving just one song at a time to the desk top and it worked  with the auto-scroll, thxs again

Scenics wrote:

I found the best way is to click on "View/Print Songbook" - this creates a formatted webpage of your songbook, with an index page. Then from that window click - "File - Save As" and choose 'Webpage Archive' and give it a name. This will save your entire songbook as a single file which can be viewed or printed without having Internet access. I use this to distribute songbooks to family members for our family reunions - campfire singalongs.

Give it a try - works for me.

thanks for this useful reply Scenics even though I never asked.
I did not have a clue you could do this.

cheers

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

i never did the songbook...now i have at least 500 songs put in my notebook and no record of it on the computer..any suggestions how i can get a list together that can be updated as i get new songs...i cant bear the thought of writing each one somewhere but what ever i have to do...i just dont want to carry around 7 notebook of individual songs in plastic sheets...thanks

I want to save my song book and burn. I can do this but when I burn to CD then view the chords arn't there there is just a box an X in the top left cornor of the box. what am I doing wrong.