Topic: Few suggestions about the site ?

Hi, everyone. I want to discuss some of the things I noticed, while using the site for the last 3-4 years. First, is there a way to leave just one version of a song ( 1 for tabs and 1 for chords ) ?Is it possible to be done? Because now you sometimes see tens of versions for the same song - some of them are the same, some are wrong, some are incomplete etc.

I have downloaded few hundred songs , I LOVE the web site and I want to help making it better all the time. I can help with the work.

Also, pretty much every song I downloaded has some issues with either lyrics/chords. I can help editing those errors. Third, the layout of the songs could be standardized - clearly separating all the sections of the songs and so.

There are my thoughts about the site. Most of them are minor, but very important to me and all the other users.

Please, let me know what you think.

Re: Few suggestions about the site ?

Hi zd

the thing you ask for in seeing tabs only or chords only can happen just now.

When you click on artists and then the tab for what the artist starts with there is an option at the right to change what you see. You can list chord format or tab format and I tihnk there might be a lyric only as well????

But there are stil la few errors here I have seen. If where it comes from originally has anything in chropro format and it has anything like [A] etc it will list this as a chorded song but when you open it it is tab. but most of the time as far as I can see it is fine.
I just list all the songs then look for the songs with Chords only down a big list.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Thank you for the answer , but you didn't get my point. When I search for a song -  let's say "Keane - A Bad Dream" , I want to see just 2 results - 1 with chords and 1 with tabs , for example. Because now I can find many more results, which are not useful at all.

And by errors, I don't mean technical errors, but wrong chords, wrong lyrics and so. And still waiting for an opinion about the layout standardizing.

ahhh right, with you now.

hmmmm. I personally think it is ok the way it is, but thats just my opinion.

Ken

OK, a quick example - http://chordie.com/song.php/songartist/Queen/index.html

When you're looking for Another One Bites The Dust, you see 5 !!! versions, each one with sub ones. Which one to choose ?!?!? What I have in mind, is to have just a couple available - 1 for bass tabs, 1 for chords, 1 for guitar tabs. Because now the situation is very confusing.

this can be done already but chordie relies on more people becoming editors for artists.

When you are an editor you can cut down the amount of albums so there are not so many repeat songs. You can also make it so there is only one version of the chords and lyrics available or you can have all of them.

So for instance if you were to become the editor for QUEEN you could make this possible for this band.
you can also become joint editor wit hsomeone and together you can both improve an artists page.
After it is all cleaned up and duplicate songs are taken away as well as duplicate albums and best of album etc, you are left with a list of albums. Then you can go through the albums and make chordie show only one version of a song.

Ken

That's clear enough now. In this case, unless I am the editor for a band, I can't really do anything. Well, I would like to help with the job, so ...

I officially apply for artist's editor. If you would like to have an agreement, I will send you a list of the artists, I would like to edit.

If you go onto the artist you like and click on " improve this page" where you see the list of songs, this will start you up as an editor. You will get an email soon after and just follow the instructions

Ken

OK, I signed up for a couple of bands, but still the main issue remains - how to delete all the repeating versions or the wrong ones and just leave one for each type. I didn't see such option.

As an editor, you can add preferred versions of a song to the list. After you have done this, activate the page and only one version of each song will show.

Note that this appears only after you have manually activated the "edited artist page".

OK, still not happening. What I do is click or see is :

Improve this page
Graphical artist page is active      Deactivate
    * This Is the Last Time           edit
Select the best version of a song -> Update song -> Still all of  them are there.

I guess I am missing something. How to manually activate the "edited artist page"?