Topic: GUITAR SHAPE

We all know the typical shape of an acoustic guitar, and sometimes I have that question why so many people are attracted by a guitar.
My opinion is that the shape of a guitar resembles to the shape of a woman, and that this can be a reason why some guitars are so attractive.
Please don't shoot me it is a simple question and/or suggestion.
In fact the real question is WHY ARE MEN MORE ATTRACTED TO A GUITAR THAN WOMAN?
If you see the population how many women on 100 are attracted to a guitar compared to men? And as a man of science what is the reason?
How many FEMALE guitarists are there compared to MALE guitarists?

Another one about songwriting: does somebody knows the %%% of men versus women?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: GUITAR SHAPE

gitaardocphil wrote:

In fact the real question is WHY ARE MEN MORE ATTRACTED TO A GUITAR THAN WOMAN?

I can assure you, quite categorically, that I for one am far more attracted to woman than a guitar lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

3 (edited by KAP54 2008-06-29 21:33:14)

Glad to hear that Roger lol
I've never thought about the curvy shape of a guitar body that way before but I see where your coming from.
For songwriting I suppose it depends on the style of song being written,this is just my opinion:
country western...male/female 50/50
pop.......................................40/60
Metal.....................................80/20
Rap................................Who Cares(nothing personal)
Those are my best guesses.
KAP54 smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I've posted this elsewhere before.

The girls I know who play tend to be lyrically better songwriters where the guys tend to be more technical and more showmen.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

I like my guitars with a large lower bout, my wimmen...not so much big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

The last 20 years there are a lot more women active in song writing and performing.
How many women were active as singer song writer in the 60ties - 80ties?
- Joan Baez
- Emmylou Harris
- Joni Mitchell
It's only the last 15 year that we see a "boom" of female singer song writers
- Alanis Morisette
- KT Tunstall
- Regina Spektor
- Sheryl Crowe
- Joan Osbourne What if God was one of us, beautiful song

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

7 (edited by cytania 2008-06-30 14:51:47)

Quite simply Phil for much of the last century being a musician was not considered a proper profession for a woman. Even into the sixties the number of women playing any kind of instrument in any band was tiny. The exception appears to be singing, but even here male vocalist tend to be more numerous.

Things only really started to change with punk. Female vocal stylings got more like mens and women started getting into bands. It has nothing to do with instrument shape. There's alot of sex in rock'n'roll and alot of musicians have played up this angle. But really the electric guitar is more like a penis. Don't believe me do a search on 'Wangcaster'.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

Another observation, a lot of guitarists, male and female, refer to their guitars in a feminine way.