Topic: ChordHeads in Kansas City

Does anyone know of a gathering of Chordies (what we called chordheads back in PA) in the Kansas City Area.  I am not looking to start a band, but rather, swap songs.  Any info or interest would be great.

Thanks

Re: ChordHeads in Kansas City

Hey Guildman ,
   Can't help with your posting , but curious about you screen name . What model Guilds do you play  ?
I have three in my small collection .....'99 F-65 CE  ,
  '97 F-30 NT , and a
'65 F-30 ......my little bro's got a '99 D-4 that I play any time I can get my hands on it . L O L .........
                    Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Hey Guildman6and12,
Do you live in Kansas City? I live In Independence! What songs are you interested in? I have
some originals, and lots of magazines with music tab in them. mostly classic rock and country.
I'd be interested in getting together to pick also.
                                                               getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

G S E wrote:

Hey Guildman ,
   Can't help with your posting , but curious about you screen name . What model Guilds do you play  ?
I have three in my small collection .....'99 F-65 CE  ,
  '97 F-30 NT , and a
'65 F-30 ......my little bro's got a '99 D-4 that I play any time I can get my hands on it . L O L .........
                    Jerry

Both of my Guilds are D4's.  Both are great guitars

getfiddle wrote:

Hey Guildman6and12,
Do you live in Kansas City? I live In Independence! What songs are you interested in? I have
some originals, and lots of magazines with music tab in them. mostly classic rock and country.
I'd be interested in getting together to pick also.
                                                               getfiddle

I live in Lone Jack.  I am interested in most music but I am a big fan of Neil Young, Eagles, CSN.  I have not been playing much lately.  I would be interested in swapping a few chords.

GuildMan6and12,
I also have a Guild. A JF4-12-NT. A 12-string obviously! The only thing I don't like about it is, it has a wide neck, which makes it somewhat awkward to play barre chords on. But I still like it. maybe we could get together to do some picking. I sometimes go hunting at Lone Jack Lake. I know some Neil Young, and Eagles. would be interested in swapping a few songs.
                                                                                          Chuck Hollaman: aka-getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Yes...I would like that

GuildMan6and12,
We can get together sometime if you'd like and we can pick some songs. That be cool!! I'm
gonna be pretty busy for the next two weeks though, so it will have to be after the 14th of
July. Preferably on the weekend. I'll get back with you after the 14th of July.
                                                                                                       getfiddle