Topic: Corg

I have been looking at some acoustic electrics,taking my time and playing different models looking for the one that suites me.
I have been looking at a Corg. They are not expensive, have a nice sound with Fishman electronics.I am just not familiar with the name.
Anybody out there got any feedback on this manufacturer.
Thanks smile
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: Corg

Corg or Cort?

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Brainfarting smile  Cort I believe was the model.I was looking at them last week,they had 5 different models and all sounded pretty nice.
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I've played a few of the electrics and they have all performed well but I haven't tried the acoustics... Arkady asked the same question a few weeks ago and this was my reply

"Cort has really started to turn some heads recently with their acoustics. I haven't had a chance to try one myself but have heard really good things about their Earth series. I haven't heard much about the SFX line but I know they are a slim guitar that seems to be more focused on their electrical side. I imagine they sound great plugged but they probably won't sound as full unplugged.
  In your price range I'd really look for a good solid wood used guitar. A used Taylor 314ce would be in your price range along with several other great models/brands. Right now it's really a buyers market and the prices are great on gently used guitars that are often in near mint condition. You get allot more bang for your buck going this rought. Just my thoughts...
  Also, I know you don't really ever plan to sell when buying, but more than likely you will end up upgrading in a few years and you want to consider their resale value."

I'm not sure of the model you were looking at but that pretty much sums up all I know about Corts...lol I'd really love get my hands on one of the earth models to try but pickings are slim in my area. Peace! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I've got one of the Cort acoustics...the cheapest one. I've forgotten what it's called.
It sounds good and I haven't had any problems with it, other than that I put the wrong gauge strings on it.

A little info from Wikipedia:

Cort’s main production focus is not on Cort-brand guitars, but rather on contract work for numerous other companies. Generally, large companies contract Cort to build lower-priced guitars that have that company’s brand on them. Ibanez, Parkwood, Schecter, G&L Tribute series line of guitars are among the most well-known brands that Cort produces. In recent years, small companies known for extremely high quality (and high-priced) guitars have begun contracting Cort to produce budget line models. Avalon, based out of Northern Ireland, sold 8,000 guitars and more than doubled their income from the previous year when they contracted Cort to build a lower-priced guitar for them.

Thanks for the info Guitarpix and Tibernius.This will definetly help me with my big decision.I will be back in the shop this week to check them again.I also be checking out if they are the Earth series.

Thanks Again smile
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

KAP54 I wrote a review about KORG see or read it.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Thanks Phil
Where is it at to see?
Thanks
KAP54 smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I don't know sad   lol

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]