Topic: Wow look how far we have come as a band!...(Note: Very very sarcastic)

Well Ive had about a month since my last post so heres the next one...
I have been trying still to get a solid practice date and it sucks b/c I have almost no ones number to get a hold of and not seems enthusiastic but me and god man this is becoming more of a job than a band... Im just hoping they'll get their crap together so we can actually start this thing up.
But as of this moment we are called either Less Than Three (Which I believe is (Sadly) already taken),
Anom (which has absolutley nothing to do with  Amon Amarth, until the other night we had never heard of them, Anom is short for the word Anomie which you can look up if your so intrigued)
OR Nihilst (which is close to the meaning of Anomie.)
So we have our names. We have our website... "ish" it is uhh... I will post it later after I finish it up and clairify it with the guys but if you want to check it out now its...  http://thatunknowntxmetalband.synthasite.com/   Just click that.
And we found our bassist... well - sort of found our bassist...
Anyone got any advice on a good way to get us up and running?
Thanks Rodney.

Re: Wow look how far we have come as a band!...(Note: Very very sarcastic)

Hey R ,
   I can tell you from experience , that unless these guys are into it , nothing you do or say is going to matter a bit . I've gotten together with people in the past that were such good singers and musicians that they could just go out on their own and make good money playing out , but they just had no motivation whatsoever . If this has gone on like this for this long , you're better off knowing now that they're undependable . That's the last thing you need when you're just starting out . To have people not show up for a gig.....................

Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Hi Rgivens_10,
Hmmm - - - seems like a classic case of one ready-to-take-on-the-world musician (you) along with several "I'm a musician, man, but I'm too busy to play" types.

If your mates are too busy (or lazy or scared) to commit to getting together on a regular basis, then they are not really going to be a band.

Perhaps y'all need a real-world goal like a party or an open mic night, or a local festival, or a battle of the bands sort event to work towards. 

The idea of being in a band is glamorous - the reality of being in a band is that it takes real time and real effort to get good.

Good luck with it - I'm rooting for you . . . James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

I concur. You need to find people with the time and the same motivation as you. I would love to just sit and jam and learn with other people, but I have a very irregular schedule and would not be able to hold up my end.

A friend of mine on the other coast has a fluctuating band -- he is the constant, unchanging member. He'll take on other people, but if they miss a gig, they're gone. The most recent exitee actually answered his cell phone in the middle of a song and got up to take the call. This with an audience at a county fair! Obviously the performance was not his priority.