Topic: About the generations on chordie

This is a question I wanted to ask since long. What is the age of the normal "CHORDIAN".
The major reason is that we can learn from youngsters and they can learn from the oldies.
I am born in december 1955 so I'm almost 53 years old.
LEVEL of PLAYING: from BAD to GOOD, enough to join a band.
PROBLEM = I play almost always alone SOLUTION = my KORG PANDORA with drums.
MUSIC: everything, except R&B a very wrong title used by women (75%) with a voice so vibrating that my glass breaks. I like POP, ROCK, BLUES and HARDROCK + related metal.
So that's me

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: About the generations on chordie

42 years old.  I prefer folk, country, and especially sissified 70's folk/pop.  Plus old mellow rock. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Lieven,
I might be wrong but i think you asked this before a while ago and got a lot of responses wit hages. If you find it you could get a rough average.

but if we are starting this again.

i am 38
Ilike listening to ....Punk, heavy rock, soft rock, folk, traditional scottish and irish. I like 60's music pop/chart scene to any other chart stuff in any era.

I like to play on my acoustic guitar in order

Folk, rock songs done acoustically and sometimes with the aid of knowing the chords I play along to my wife with her fiddle for scottish reels.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Well im Max, and im 16.  I like listening to the old rock like led zepplin, frank zappa, black sabbath..etc
i also like punk rock, the sex pistols, ramones, the clash, operation ivy etc....

I only play acoustic so that when i jump on the electric the strings are way easier to manuever. my hands will just shred on the electric. 

Im self taught, so i think im doing pretty good since i can play jimmy page's solos like nothin.

I'm 57 and just really getting into since I retired two years ago.  I spend more time now than when I was working and I am getting better every day.  Mostly chords and singing.  Practice works, I tell you.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Jimmy Page solos like nothing? you have a mp3 of your musical talents you could upload?.....say to a website like "OURSTAGE" if your as good as you seem to think you are you can enter this masterpiece of shred and let fans judge your talents you just might recieve a reality check. and if you need the URL email me and i will be more then happy to provide you with this.

madmaxGarcia wrote:

Well im Max, and im 16.  I like listening to the old rock like led zepplin, frank zappa, black sabbath..etc
i also like punk rock, the sex pistols, ramones, the clash, operation ivy etc....

I only play acoustic so that when i jump on the electric the strings are way easier to manuever. my hands will just shred on the electric. 

Im self taught, so i think im doing pretty good since i can play jimmy page's solos like nothin.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I'm 18. Got a sports car, a 6ft blonde girlfriend, more guitars than Clapton and I am tall dark handsome and rich.   

Rob.

Guys, he's 57, balding, boring, smelly feet and I'll not mention the hump.

The Wife.

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

lol lol thats goood

I'm 17, but most of my music's alot older than me. I like rock ( like Ac/Dc and Metallica, Zeppelin, ZZtop, the Allman Brothers, BLS, Guns N Roses... um yeah different stuff), blues, country (mostly older, Waylon and Willie, Johnny Cash, HAnk etc.), some old soul, bluegrass, gospel... pretty much anything but rap.
I play mostly acoustic, I like the rawness of it (and plus I'm no good at electric, but I have fun plunking around on it), pick lead or strum along by ear, I can do barre chords fairly well now, and I play around with all kinds of tabs and stuff...
Just havin' fun with it tongue

All You Need is Love smile

Hi Im 19,

im the 6ft blonde girlfriend of Rob above! He lied about my age :lol. I to have a sports car "His!

The only time i get the hump! is dusting all his guitars lol

Em! I was 19 once. This was one of the best hits the year i was 19.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfyEpmQM7bw

Ps love all kinds of music { well punk i never did like }

Robette!

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

11 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-07-10 23:50:26)

19? you do have a gift for imagination helena lol what you said reminded me of a story I heard "A tv interviewer was questioning people off the street about longevity he stopped a very haggard looking old man and asked him the "secreat"to his longevity the man thought a second and said "well I drink a 5th of jim beam everyday,smoke a cigar and a pack of ciggeretts and run around with a differn't woman every night" The interviewer then said thats truely amazing sir and how old are you sir? the man replied "26" lol 

Old Doll wrote:

Hi Im 19,

im the 6ft blonde girlfriend of Rob above! He lied about my age :lol. I to have a sports car "His!

The only time i get the hump! is dusting all his guitars lol

Em! I was 19 once. This was one of the best hits the year i was 19.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfyEpmQM7bw

Ps love all kinds of music { well punk i never did like }

Robette!

I'm 51 going on 10. Have never lost touch with my inner 9-year old.

This is the rock&roll song that first really blew my mind back in 1970:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EBMo8xHGNs

That's right, the Ides of March are still rockin' it after all these years!

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

I'm 55 . Started playing about six years ago. Love Jazz especially BeBop ,Classic Rock that we grew up with , and who doesn't like that Motown groove. Wishing I'd started years or better yet decades ago but making the most of it while I can.

Russell_Harding wrote:

Jimmy Page solos like nothing? you have a mp3 of your musical talents you could upload?.....say to a website like "OURSTAGE" if your as good as you seem to think you are you can enter this masterpiece of shred and let fans judge your talents you just might recieve a reality check. and if you need the URL email me and i will be more then happy to provide you with this.

madmaxGarcia wrote:

Lol .. love it Russ!

I'm 37 and didnt really start playing until 2 years ago ... I've come along pretty well in a short span ... just wish I had started in my teens or at least my 20's!  I listen to a wide variety of music; everything from old MoTown, to Blue, to Classic Rock, to Metal, to Country, to Folk and back again ...

I primarily play Classic Rock, Metal, Country, and Folk

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

I just turned sixty,been playing on and of since I was fourteen,I was in two bands in high school. Ican not play lead much  now as I destroyed a lot  of  things in my hands due too a motorcycle wreck. I like almost anything but prefer  fifties thru seventies music,and love the blues.  dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Soon to turn 55, I started playing in my late teens and have played more off than on.I enjoy the
acoustic and love anything from 1965-1980.I also play a little keyboard(very little)and thanks to chordie I've revived my passion for music.

KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I am 61 but still think I am 16, looking for a 19 year old, 6ft tall, blonde girlfriend lol.

Been playing the guitar on and off for 50 years and still learning.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

18 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-07-11 15:05:26)

Roger if you find her see if she has a sister lol

I'm 13 I love to play contemporary christian, inspirational, southern gospel and bluegrass. I'm self taught. And I record at home.

Your too much Roger!  tongue

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

53 and loving life. married to a 53 yr old Scottish lass who is my 19 yr old 6ft blond for the last 20 yrs.

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

22 (edited by badeye 2008-07-13 00:06:59)

48, just a young feller yet. Love the music of the late sixties early seventies, been collecting blues music for a long time.
Playing just two years and love the learning. This is a great site.

take care Badeye cool

one caper after another

Pretty much brand spanking new at it at 47.  About 2 weeks into it now.  I tried as a youngin' and gave up pretty quick.  Haven't touched a guitar in about 30 years.  What little I've done so far has been a lot more encouraging than it was way back when.  I like some songs in just about any genre or period.  I'm currently trying stuff that's meant for guitar and is EASY.  I'm pretty talent-proof, so I probably won't be a rock star for at least another 2 or 3 months.

My 6 foot tall blonde is about 5 foot 2 with dark curly hair.  We've been married our entire adult lives (28 years).  I'm growing backwards.  I'll be in my 20's in a few years.

24 (edited by tubatooter1940 2008-07-13 09:53:35)

I'll soon be 67. Started on tuba in high school. Played rhythm guitar, trumpet and trombone in bar bands for 24 years. Worked at the post office long enough to get a pension while playing a single guitar/vocal gig on weekends.
Now I play tuba in a beach music band. We sound like this: http://www.myspace.com/johnrenomusic

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

just turned 51 last month,sometimes I feel like I'm eighteen(then I sober up) play mostly stuff from the 60's,thru 80's.Mostly rock but throw a little country in there to break it up. My kids range from 30 to 13 and all play at varying levels. I've done the band scene and solo gigs now I play for myself.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway