Topic: BREEZZIN

I have a new song on my web site and its called "Breezzin" its a combination of accustic and keyboards with bass and latin percussion if any of you has the time please give a listen smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: BREEZZIN

Wow Russell ... I love it!  I kept closing my eyes and imagined sitting at a margarita bar on the beach listening to it ... you did great on it!  Get that thing on an MP3 download!  tongue

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Thanks Tim glad you enjoyed, I am working on several new songs and "Breezzin" is one, i am thinking about adding a lead guitar harmony line to it just waiting for the inspiration to hit I just wanted to get some feedback before I make any changes and I will make it available at that time i still would like to remix it a bit because it sounds better thru the earphones then my speakers and this was taken from my digital recorder to the Audacity program i think it may be better if i burn a cd and rip it to my files because my tascam cd-rw700 burnner dose a better job with the quality of sound then audacity (in my opinion) so I'll keep you posted when I have it available thanks again for the feedback russ smile

Nicely done Russell, a very good groove.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Geo I appreciate your comment its a fun song to chord i wish i could post the chord progression but theres a lot of differn't things going on at the same time and its all very syncopated with the changes occuring as anticipatitons so it would be tough for me to chart out, but for Jerome it would be a snap (maybe) lol

geoaguiar wrote:

Russ
Had a listen to your new song. A nice guitar rhythm there and keyboard.
I think you are right and a lead harmony would add more to the basic song.
All the best
Ark

The one thing I loved about it Russ was the simplicity ... not to much ... not to little ... just very soothing ... it'd be interesting to have two versions ... the original like you have and then the one with the lead

Either way, again, outstanding!

Spot on Russell, good job!!

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Russell_Harding wrote:

Geo I appreciate your comment its a fun song to chord i wish i could post the chord progression but theres a lot of differn't things going on at the same time and its all very syncopated with the changes occuring as anticipatitons so it would be tough for me to chart out, but for Jerome it would be a snap (maybe) lol

geoaguiar wrote:

Don't share all your trade secrets!!!! Sometimes I just enjoy listening too. I guess that's what got me hooked into playing anyhow. I'm a fan 1st, a player 2nd.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Lovely piece of music Russell, I enjoyed every second of it.

But why have you posted it here in Chat? There is no rule preventing an instrumental piece of music from being posted in the Songwriting section.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger to be honest it didn't occur to me I could have i suppose but the formating would be a nightmare with chopro the only other way would be to write it on music paper scan it and take a screenshot and paste it,im not even sure if it can be done that way but I could have posted it in song writing as you say,glad you enjoyed it I have 8 more songs i will be recording and uploading at least 4 to my website so in the future i will use the song writing section smile

Roger Guppy wrote:

Lovely piece of music Russell, I enjoyed every second of it.

But why have you posted it here in Chat? There is no rule preventing an instrumental piece of music from being posted in the Songwriting section.

Roger

I really dont have a trade secrets just experience of hit and miss even a blind pig finds an ear of corn lol

geoaguiar wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

geoaguiar wrote:

Don't share all your trade secrets!!!! Sometimes I just enjoy listening too. I guess that's what got me hooked into playing anyhow. I'm a fan 1st, a player 2nd.

Russell,

With an instrumental you could have just announced it as you did here  in 'Chat' without the need to try and write it all out.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Ark i will try it both ways and see which is best and i will reley on the opinions of the listeners to guide me and the opinions of composers and just plain music lovers and thanks a great deal for your feedback i respect your judgments smile 

arkady wrote:

Russ
Had a listen to your new song. A nice guitar rhythm there and keyboard.
I think you are right and a lead harmony would add more to the basic song.
All the best
Ark

thanks tim and bud_wiser good things to hear and follow up on smile

Tim0473 wrote:

The one thing I loved about it Russ was the simplicity ... not to much ... not to little ... just very soothing ... it'd be interesting to have two versions ... the original like you have and then the one with the lead

Either way, again, outstanding!

I shall remember your words of wisdom mr. Guppy

Roger Guppy wrote:

Russell,

With an instrumental you could have just announced it as you did here  in 'Chat' without the need to try and write it all out.

Roger

Well I put another part in its sort of a lead but its laid back a bit because I didn't  want to take away from the feel of the song so ark and tim give a listen and let me know what you think and roger the next thread will be posted in the song writers page cross my heart smile

Ahhh VERY nice Rus ... subtle and nice ... I like both versions actually!  Make sure you keep em both!  tongue

P.S.  I always KNEW you were a cowboy at heart!  Nice hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russ - That lead is perfect! I really liked the first version and was skeptical about you adding to it, but man, that just sets it off! Excellent!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Really nice Russell.I gotta agree that the lead you added is a real nice touch. smile
Well done Again
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Tim I have both versions on the same disk all i did was add the lead track it can always be left out by turnning the fader down to be honest for that simple lead I tried several variations with electric useing a sustain and a warm overdrive but in the end i chose the accustic because the other parts are accustic and it blended in it only took me about 15 takes before I was satisfied with it and i burnned a cd with the tascam and ripped it to my files and then used the audacity program to tweek the volume without distorting and i made two copies one a wav and the other an mp3 glad you enjoyed the change tim smile

Top at first I was skeptical also as i had tried for 3 hrs to lay a electric lead solo and I was unhappy with the results so i put it on hold for a day and at the park by the lake I was playing my accustic to the cd i made of the song and i found what i was looking for just a simple fill in harmony with an occasional departure but always keeping it in the structure and feel of the song that was the hard part thanks for your nice comment to and i was thinking about making a video, useing the sound track sort of a combination slide show and me playing and uploading to utube but first i have to see if movie maker can handle the job smile

thanks kap i cant wait to start recording my other new ones and when there ready i will let everybody know in the songwriting section as roger suggested smile

KAP54 wrote:

Really nice Russell.I gotta agree that the lead you added is a real nice touch. smile
Well done Again
KAP54

yeehaa ride em doggies its the hat that makes me a cowboy whenever I put it on it seems to have magical properties and I start saying "yaall" lol

Tim0473 wrote:

Ahhh VERY nice Rus ... subtle and nice ... I like both versions actually!  Make sure you keep em both!  tongue

P.S.  I always KNEW you were a cowboy at heart!  Nice hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 (edited by arkady 2008-07-19 07:31:36)

Hey Russ
That's a nice well thought out lead. Not to overbearing just right in fact a nice finished piece.
Well done.
Gonna enter it in ourstage? smile

PS Just heard "Centurian Suite" great instrumental.
Had to say...

Ark

Ark thankyou for the comment im happy it turnned out as it did and I will enter it in ourstage but im unsure of what genre or channel, any thoughts on this would be appreciated smile

arkady wrote:

Hey Russ
That's a nice well thought out lead. Not to overbearing just right in fact a nice finished piece.
Well done.
Gonna enter it in ourstage? smile

PS Just heard "Centurian Suite" great instrumental.
Had to say...

Ark