Topic: My New Guitar

Well today I dropped a bit of coin and bought a new acoustic for recording and having some fun.
Thanks for all the input on what and how to search for what I needed.
I bought a Cort MR710FFM-NAT. Not top of the line by any means as it cost me with a case and a free strap(woo-hoo) and a 10' patch chord(woo-hoo woo-hoo) and 3 free picks(woo-hoo woo-hoo woo-hoo) only $492 with taxes.It'll get me where I want to go.

I also bought an effects processor.(Thanks Doc)I now own a Korg Pandora PX5D and am really looking forwards to getting into this.Thanks Again Doc smile
Gotta go as I have one more post and then I gotta play.

Thanks All

KAP54 smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: My New Guitar

Congrats KAP54 - New Guitar Day is as good or better than Christmas and Birthday wrapped into one! And WOW - they threw in 3 free picks. What more could you ask for. smile

The right way to break it in is - Play it tonight 'till your fingers bleed! Tonight!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thanks Topdown Yup.....Nice shiny orange picks.woo-hoo.
I got the band-aids all ready if I can just stop typing lol
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hey KAP congrats!  BTW ... what does an effects processor do for you?  I've heard of them but dont know how you use em!  The only advanced technology I know of how to use is Boss Stomp Boxes tongue

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Thanks Tim I'm learnin myself.
The Korg PX5D is a little gizmo that is 4 1/2" x 3" x 3/4" and it is packed with effects.180 effects that you can program to use 7 at the same time.100 user programs,100 preset programs.I am using it with my acoustic but it is meant for electric and bass guitars.MAN...I got a lotta learning to do. guitardocphil turned me on to this unit and knows alot about them.Great deal for $250 Canadian smile
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

It sounds like it ... I'm wondering if it's sort of a "stand alone" unit that some amps come with currently ... like my Line6 Spider III has the presets etc in it ... it sounds like it's the same sort of thing only seperate ...

Do you just connect your guitar into the unit, and then run it to the amp and then select the settings you want through the unit?

Yup.Connect your guitar and run it through to your amp.
Guitardocphil did a review on effects processors a few threads before this post and it has some very good links to the korg site that will explain it better than I can as I'm just learning.You should check it out.I think its a handy tool to have and it has a lot more to it than effects
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Sweet ... I'll check it out ... just another toy to add to my list of wants tongue