Topic: WTF?

I have to say this the first time ive ever been disapointed in chordie.

heres the story:

Im surfin the web guitar in lap ive decided to look up some stuff on chordie because its so easy to find what you want.
I was looking for some tabs to let it be by the beatlles. but instead of seeing a list of songs in alphabetical order i find them in a completely different system by ALBUM. ok i thought thats cool all i have to do is find the correct album. NOPE when i clicked on the song there was only one option instead of the scores i was used to seeing. OK i thought  just look in a different album wrong again.  it was the same song over and over again. Not only was the redundancy obnoxious but i couldnt find what i wanted.
And by redundancy i mean they had the same exact songs over and over again but in different groupings with other songs and it just kept going and going

So I ask what the hell happened to chordie i used to love? Where i could find things in seconds and have dozens of different options for the same song?

Please help me

Disgruntled Jordan

So Red Delicious

Re: WTF?

Jordan - No need to be disgruntled - The edited pages are an attempt at improving Chordie, oftentimes the tabs listed are not very accurate or are listed multiple times. Gracious volunteers (Editors) have spent their time attempting to make the page more useful. If you like the old way better, simply click on "all versions" located at the top of the page and all of the songs are there like they were before!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

take a deep breath and think of all the most worst things that could ever happen to you or your family ..... this one will be the last on the list . stay cool .

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

san

like toppy just said, you can see all by clicking on the option on the right to see all versions.

I understand your disgruntlement as the exact same happened to me tonight with green day's good riddance. My sis in laws boy friend was wanting the chords and I told him to look up chordie. When i looked it up for him there was only TAB version of the song. So I clicked on "all versions" and all versions just like the tab says lol and he 3as happy. He was even hapier when I clicked on the scroll tab. He told me he had seen chordie but he never reaised what facilties it actually had. I thin khe will be hooked to this site sooon

It might have a few flaws ( but easily sorted one way or another) but it is still the best guitar site online in my opinion

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

evsynator wrote:

take a deep breath and think of all the most worst things that could ever happen to you or your family ..... this one will be the last on the list . stay cool .

No there is truly nothing worse at all. I know i have a truly charmed life but its part of the human psyche to hate change so im claiming my natural write.  but to ken and topdown, thank you very much for pointing out that it be swithced to the old way. i am known for not being able to see whats in front of me.

Thank you very much.

Sanguine

So Red Delicious

sanguine wrote:
evsynator wrote:

No there is truly nothing worse at all. I know i have a truly charmed life but its part of the human psyche to hate change so im claiming my natural write.  but to ken and topdown, thank you very much for pointing out that it be swithced to the old way. i am known for not being able to see whats in front of me.

Thank you very much.

Sanguine

Very stand up comment, much respect.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

sanguine wrote:
evsynator wrote:

Thank you very much.

Sanguine

Dont feel too bad sanguine...I just now realized there was an auto scroll on the song pages...all this time i was trying to make the text smaller so i could see it all at once...lol