1 (edited by pjl6364 2008-08-01 12:42:09)

Topic: Need help with new guitar selection - Washburn

Hey all,

I know from previous posts that the only real way to choose an acoustic is to play a bunch of them and go with what feels right.

That being said, I have been given the opportunity to purchase a new Washburn (6 string) acoustic at a significantly reduced rate.  However, I won't have the ability to play and see what feels good/right, and with my less than one year into playing guitar I am afraid I wouldn't be able to tell anyway.

It would be much appreciated if any of you with Washburn experiences can pass along recommendations.

The 2 models I have honed in on are the D42SP and D52SW.  To quote Don Corleone - they made me an offer I can't refuse......... LOL

Thanks much,
P.J.

Acoustic: Yamaha F-310, Washburn WD-32SW

Re: Need help with new guitar selection - Washburn

It's always best to be able to put your hands on what you buy. If at all possible try to play those guitars, and others, prior to your purchase. Whatever you do never spend more that you can afford but buy what you want. We can all make recommendations to you but you are the one who has to be satisfied. If you buy a guitar just because it's a good deal or because ole NELA say's to buy it you are taking a chance. I've learned from past experience that those GOOD deals sometimes come back to bite you right in the butt. Do your homework, ask your questions, touch-em, feel-em, hold-em and then make up your mind. I do have a buddy who plays a Washburn D42 and he loves it. Good luck on buying your guitar.

Nela

I have a Washburn D12CE I bought 25 years ago,  I have used it as my main guitar ever since.  It works well for basic strumming, finger picking and even some slide guitar.  Washburn has a reputation for quality,  so even if you don't like the guitar, it should hold its value untill you can get something better.  If you get it cheap enough you might even make a little profit on it.   
If you trust the source, it might be good deal,  but even the smaller brands get counterfited.  if the source is a little sketchy I'd pass.

Good advice from Mixter102. 

Also, while you may not be able to test them from wherever it is you're getting a good deal, you can probably test them out at a local shop if there are any near you.  Washburn's are a pretty popular brand. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude