Topic: Introduce yourself thread pro's and Con's comments..

Ark/Ken wrote:

arkady wrote:
Hi
If we have a set of rules or guidelines like have been put forward to bring us inline with whats the done thing in other forums.
Then I think we should have another an "Introduced Yourself" channel under a separate title. Where new members if they liked could go to get start posting etc. The rules could be a Sticky at the top.
I think this  has brought up before and is whats is done in alot forums and works quite well.
Anyway just and idea.....

Ark

I like the idea of this too.
A problem I have seen in other forums is when people go in to introduce themselves people start saying welcome etc there, then it gets all mixed up.
It would be good to have just name, age, where yer from, work as, number of years playing, what you play, how you found out about chordie.
this is possible by the use of moderaters moderating it and taking out anything that is just chat.

this could be done anytime as long as folk dont get too annoyed if they say hello to someone then find their post has been taken out. So you could have  INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread and another SAY HELLO TO THE FORUM  thread.

good idea ark but this thread is about the proposed dos and donts that james has set out.

Ken

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a man's a man for a' that

As I guess I posted this in the wrong thread sorry Ken I just wondered what the other Chordians felt about it...

Ark

Re: Introduce yourself thread pro's and Con's comments..

I think this is the best thread to post this, compare the VISITORS on ABOUT CHORDIE with CHORDIE'S CHATCORNER.
If I may speak: I should love such a topic " THE WHO AM I TOPIC".
- name (option)
- country
- and your INSTRUMENTS, or what brand you play or would love to have.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I like this idea of having a specific "Who am I" thread. 

My only concern is that it will get cluttered up with replies and become a confusing tangle of conversation (rather than a ready reference tool).

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

James, that makes 2 of the administrators, I hope they follow. Also your interests and dreams.
THERE IS ONLY ONE POSSIBLE MINUS ASPECT: I have 22 guitars and putting them on the list it is as if I like to say: LOOK GUYS, LOOK TO MY LIST AND ALL THOSE GUITARS I HAVE.
I have them, I am not ashamed to have them, I worked day and night for this passion.
My other passion is traveling and making friends.

If we have the opportunity to have a thread I DEMAND
1) NO serpent-ish reactions.
2) Honesty
3) PLEASE NO JEALOUSY

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Why not just add that information to the profiles?  If you want to know about someone, just click their profile.  I think a thread would get cumbersome.  I'm not against it, I just doubt that I'd ever refer to it.    It seems like profiles would be an easier and more direct way to share and reach that information about a particular person. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

James McCormick wrote:

I like this idea of having a specific "Who am I" thread. 

My only concern is that it will get cluttered up with replies and become a confusing tangle of conversation (rather than a ready reference tool).

james this is exactly what I said in my initial response. It would have to be moderated closely and any " hi welcome" or hahahaha blah blah blah etc would have to be deleted so it was just a list of names with intruments, where from age etc etc, anything esle gets deleted.

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ZURF SAID:
Why not just add that information to the profiles?  If you want to know about someone, just click their profile.  I think a thread would get cumbersome.  I'm not against it, I just doubt that I'd ever refer to it.    It seems like profiles would be an easier and more direct way to share and reach that information about a particular person. 

- Zurf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Agree . . . Makes a whole lot of sense  and should be relatively easy to do . . .

Zurf and Royce ( My best mate is called Royce, thought he was the only one,lol)

I think i kinda agree with you two here. I dont know if I would myself look up a thread to look up people. If I was interested I would look at their profile.

maybe this is one for "about chordie" and asking per to make this work, but he is very very busy and probably would not happen straight away.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending