Topic: THE MOST INFLUENTIAL ARTISTS EVER.

I excude our classic master like MOZART, BEETHOVEN, BACH. (Bach had a great influence on some bands, like PROCOL HARUM)

"THE MOST INFLUENTIAL ARTISTS, WHO ARE THEY?"

You can ask WHO MADE WHO. I realize that almost every band is the inspiration of another band.
But my list is (THE NUMBERS OR RANKING ARE IRRELEVANT):
1) ROBERT JOHNSON here we can say without Robert Johnson no Chuck Berry, no Elvis, no STONES ........How many artists thit this ROBERT JOHNSON INFLUENCED? THOUSANDS OF BANDS.
2) BOB DYLAN = without DYLAN a lot of artists wouldn't be famous artists, see all the DYLAN songs covered by others.
3) THE BEATLES = without the Beatles no Kinks, Who, Oasis and hundreds more.
See the songs they wrote.
4) BILL HALEY and THE COMETS = there it started
5) SEX PISTOLS. Of course you had the RAMONES, THE STOOGES, THE NEW YORK DOLLS
6) PINK FLOYD = the pioneers of psychedelic music and their evolution.
7) BOB MARLEY
8) NIRVANA
9) BLACK SABBATH = one of the most influential heavy metal bands of all time. They influenced COUNTLESS BANDS
10) JAMES BROWN is not for nothing called "THE GODFATHER OF SOUL"

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

2 (edited by mixter102 2008-08-06 18:53:08)

Re: THE MOST INFLUENTIAL ARTISTS EVER.

ELVIS PRESLY  He is "THE KING" for a reason.   He is one of the main reasons Rock and Roll became the most popular music in America and the World.  The artists he influenced directly are too numerous to mention.

JOHNNY CASH his honest and true songs tell stories that defy genre.  Influential for Rock, Country, Punk, Alternative, and Folk.

LED ZEPPELIN they set the template for Hard Rock and Heavy Metal,  even though they were so much more than just a hard rock band.

Hendrix influenced pretty much every guitarist that came after him. . .wasn't he one of the first to actually use distortion and other effects too?

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Influence hmmm...

1) James Brown - a whole beat, the bridge from soul into funk.

2) Bo Diddley - he took 'shave and a haircut' knock and turned it into a beat every rock'n'roll show had to have.

3) Lonnie Donnegan - he took folk and rock and made them so easy kids could do it, those kids formed bands with dopey names like the Quarrymen...

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'