Topic: Who?

hey i get this guitar magizenes and saw a instrucktional dvd were a guy names Eric Johnson teach the stuff in it does any one no who that is?

Re: Who?

me, me, me, me, me!!!!! I know who he is! Read up............

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Johnson

Give everything but up.

OK, so I'm sure the wiki article explained who he is, but let me just say that he happens to be my all-time favorite guitarist.  He is so diverse in his style-he plays everything from shred to jazz to rock to hard rock-style blues  to acoustic blues played fingerstyle.  Get the Ah Via Musicom album and just listen for yourself.  And, if you have a chnace, go onto youtube and watch him play Cliffs of Dover live.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Who is he...just an unearthly player from planet talent.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Have you ever heard of the G3? It is a band with 1 constant factor and the first line = JOE SATRIANI,
The second line is Steve Vai, and a few others and the third line can be Robert Fripp, Eric Johnson, Yngwie Malmsteen, I saw the band a few times, they are EGO TRIPPERS but they play together very well

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

so does that mean the joe satriani is the best in thast band?