Topic: singing warmups?

hey to all you people out there that play and sing at the same time how do u warm up, because sometimes i can hit the higher notes later inn the day but when i first wake up to about 2 hours after i wake up i cant get to those high notes. is there any wram ups to help me?  thx!

Re: singing warmups?

Singing is all about sufficient air. Probably when you first wake up your voice is just not limbered up all the way yet.

Singing tips: Your voice is connected to your gut. Breathe from the gut. Stand up to sing. Good posture helps you to take in a full tank of air. Your voice is a muscle - it takes practice to strengthen and train your voice. Warm up your gut and voice by doing long tones and roller coasters (slide slowly way up and way down). Also, sing scales and intervals and vary the volume from very quiet to full tone.

Lots of water will keep your pipes healthy (caffeine is not good for your singing voice). If you smoke, quit. Find the range of tones that resonate in your head, throat, chest. Focus on producing clear steady tones - volume will come with increased control. Open your mouth and throat - you can't sing if your jaw is clenched shut. Learn to sing vowels and enunciate consonants.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Montana,

maybe this link will help

http://www.vocalist.org.uk/breathing_techniques.html

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I won't believe that coffe is bad in any way shape or form!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coffee is the purest form of juice in the universe!! Water and beans. It sits right next to the Lord himself.....on his left side. 8-)

"I want my 2 Dollars!!!!!"

stretch papa wrote:

!!!!!!
Coffee is the purest form of juice in the universe!!

I think ye will find that it is WHISKY, since when translated from gaelic to english it means water of life and it sure does taste like it too.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending