Topic: Recording

In 2000 I was in a buds small recording studio.He is a a talented player on all levels of instruments.He liked the style of stuff I was writing and offered to record them for free for his practice.When it came down to base lines and so on he had a hard time getting what I wanted as his interpretation is different than what I have in mind.He talked me into buying a keyboard so I can record what I want.Which is what I did.I bought a Yamaha PSR2000.My buddy Ted moved away and I have been self teaching myself on and mostly off how to play,but its basically collecting dust.I don't know how to record with it...the manual is all ghandi,and now I want to get serious about recording. The PSR2000 is built for recording and playing your recorded material with jacks for mic and guitar.32 track recording and lots of sweet sounds.After reading here about all the quality recording tools out there I was wondering if (1)they can be tied in together for better sound quality and (2) Where the *$&^@### can I find a manual. It's Only 8 yrs old but out of date.
Any Help at all would be great.
P.S. Computers scare the crap out of me and I panic when confronted by this type of challenge.

Thanks smile
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: Recording

Hi Kenny,

Go to: http://www.usersmanualguide.com

Look and click for Yamaha keyboard and then look down the list for your PSR2000 manual and you should be able to download it.

Sorry about the convoluted way of getting you there but the url for the actual manual does not seem to work.

I hope that helps.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger Ramjet to the rescue again. smile
Yup...It helps alright and no need to apologize as that looks to be a re-e-e-al handy link.I have the site Bookmarked. smile
You ever had any dealings with PSR2000
Thanks Again KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

4 (edited by Guitarpix 2008-07-09 22:40:29)

http://www.usersmanualguide.com/yamaha_ … )/psr-2000 Here's a link to the download page

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

5 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-07-09 12:55:26)

Pix you are a bloodhound! lol  Roger you are your usual effecient self a real cyber detective lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks again for the links to the manuals.
Does anyone know anything about the PSR-2000. I can't seem to record past the 4th channel or any drum tracks. I don't know if I am missing something in the manual or I have a problem with the keyboard.

Thanks All smile

KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

7 (edited by riddler 2008-08-09 21:56:50)

looking at this manual here http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi … 2000E1.pdf
..it shows the rhythm on channel 9 and 10 as the default setting...its on page 94

channel 1-8 default settings are voice main....

dont know if this is of any help or not...just taking a stab at it.. smile

Thanks Riddler.
Been there...Done that...:lol: Just don't know what I've been doing wrong.
Actually, right after I posted this I did another search online for a forum dedicated to Yamaha Keyboards.
I found this awesome site that I joined and inside of 5 minutes I had an answer and an explanation for what I (Yes ...it was me) was doing wrong.Now I can record on all 16 tracks including drums(I just have no sense of how to put in a drum track but at least I can practice)
Very Cool Site if anyone out there has any kind of Yamaha Keyboard.These are real knowledgeable people and looks like they have a lot to offer any newbie or Pro.

Here's the link should someone else own a Yamaha Keyboard

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php

Thanks Again Riddler smile
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)