Topic: Audacity Problems

Twice whilst I have been recording multiple tracks with Audacity I found that on playback the tracks all started at the same point and sounded fine but as they progressed they went out of time and seemed to lose syncronisation.

On both occasions I tried to correct it and even re-recording was as bad so nothing I could do would improve it. In the end I closed my PC down, had a beer, switched it back on and started again. The second attempt in both cases turned out fine.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and have you a solution please?

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Audacity Problems

If your tracks start out relatively in-sync, and as time progresses in the song they become more and more out-of-sync, this is likely due to an incompatability with the sample rate you are using. At the bottom-left of the main Audacity window, change the Project Rate to another setting, such as 48000Hz.

Audacity troubleshooting
http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php? … Recordings

Hope that helps....Also I would turn off anything running in the background while recording..such as anti virus software...

Thanks for that Riddler,

I have just checked and my sample rate was 44100Hz. I have also added the Wiki page to my favourites, I might need it again - but I hope not.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Way to go Randy! I didnt even know that one lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"