Topic: Southeastern North Carolina Gathering!

I'm currently organizing a gathering of acoustic players/musicians in my area. The gathering is to be held in October close to the town of Fair Bluff, N.C. I've arranged a campsite by the river and the event is to last a weekend. The exact date has not been set but should be decided with-in the next couple of weeks. This isn't anything major just a few local players and some friends/fellow players from a few other forums. A weekend of camping, Barbeques/fish fries, picking and fishing. It will be a free event! You supply what you need (tent, food, drinks and such). All I ask is for visitors to clean their site before they leave. Boat/canoe rentals are available by a local charter that will issue discount rates to attendees. Anyway, I just thought I'd throw this out there... If there are any chordians close by that would like to join in your welcome to do so! Contact me for more detals. Peace!-Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Southeastern North Carolina Gathering!

Pix I would love to come but it will depend my being hired by a  company i applied at and if I have the money for the trip out there and back it sounds like a great time I will know more next month how my plans shape up smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hey Pix I don't think I'd be able to attend but thanks for the invite. I believe you've hit on a pretty good idea that might be fun,,,,some of best times I've ever had is going to bluegrass festival. The only thing about bluegrass festivals, in most cases, is the musicians only want to play bluegrass music. It would been fun to do something like this but invite all styles of music. It was always fun to walk around listening to different songs and if you found one that you like,, you could set in with whoever is playing and jam along.

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

Guitarpix,

Sick to the gills that im so far away and cannot be there. Now theres not to many would be amazed at my skills with guitar,
but id sing forever, and so enjoy everyone elses playing.

Good luck with it.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

5 (edited by marcalan 2008-08-20 13:43:03)

I lived for 28 years in Charlotte, Guitarpix, and a southern fish fry sounds just right to me, especially with some small salt and pepper cats..and vinegar slaw and dont forget the "shut up dogs!.".[ hush puppies].What river is that?..Best I can do tho is to google earth and listen in and smell the delectables..marcalan

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.