Topic: A band making unknown person big

My wife just got back in from work after a night shift, she told me a story of another nurse that was going to L.A. At first my wife thought it was a story of another nurse taking time out and travelling abroad until she heard the full story. I will not repeat everything as it would take too long but.....
This Girl called Amy ( canny remember her surname) that is a nurse was in Ireland watching "snow patrol" a band that come from Scotland. She was waving a banner saying " I belong to Glasgow" or something along those lines. The band on stage noticed this and invited her up to sing a song with them....god eh???? but it gets better...
People associated with the band ( be it the band themselves or manager) were so impressed with her singing they created a band for her. She also has a friend that played the guitar in on this too.
They have played with snow patrol a couple of times for support and now she is off to L.A to make her first album.

All this from waving a bit of material to say where you come from..... I think this is amazing!! It just goes to show you dont actually have to do anything as her guitarist friend didnt. All you need is a friend with a good voice to get up on stage with a famous group and then get asked by your friend to join them.

So If she makes it big or has a few hits and reveals her story on an interview then ye can switch off and say you already know,lol.

I dont think there is a name for the band, I think it is under her name.

Any more stories of success any knows from being unknown to getting noticed?
Please no X factor stories or pop idol. lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: A band making unknown person big

If any of y'all get asked onto stage with Snow Patrol and need a half-baked guitarist or would-be/never-was bassist to help you out, my name is spelled Z-U-R-F...

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Can't let that one go, Ken.

To quote Wikipaedia "Snow Patrol are a Northern Irish alternative rock band which formed in Dundee, Scotland,[4] with the majority of their members being from Bangor and Belfast, Northern Ireland. They are based in Glasgow and are signed to Polydor Records. "

I'll agree, however, that "come from" can mean a number of things.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Nope Alan, I got it wrong. I did mean from Glasgow because I was told this and never had any reason to not believe it so I stand corrected.
Still, they got her up on stage after reading her banner thing.

lol

cheers

ken

Yes, we dig Glaswegians - big time !

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Aye....Irish band but think they got together at Glasgow Uni....hence the Scottish connection.

Great story though...let's hope she hits the big time!!

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

me and my great...or not so great memory,
her name isnt amy anything at all
Her name is Emma Curran, and she is not even a nurse yet , she is studying to be one, she is a student nurse.

Or is for the time being

Ken